Baseball Recruiting - Page 2
Thanks Thanks:  0 Dislike Dislike:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BamaNation Hall of Fame 230kv_barehand's Avatar

Re: Baseball Recruiting

Quote Originally Posted by baseballfanatic View Post
    Looks like the only person who signed before the deadline yesterday was Alex Valverde - Juco P from Miami.

So Chandler Taylor and Jo Breaux will both be here next season.

Also hearing rumors that Duarte is transferring, but idk how legit that is.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    Hate to see Duarte transferring, he had some potential. Very glad to see Chandler and Joe will be on roster next year as well.

Really hate to see Valverde sign, he had some nasty numbers down at Miami-Dade.

2. Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by baseballfanatic View Post
    Looks like the only person who signed before the deadline yesterday was Alex Valverde - Juco P from Miami.

So Chandler Taylor and Jo Breaux will both be here next season.

Also hearing rumors that Duarte is transferring, but idk how legit that is.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    I'm not sure how I feel about having Jo Bro on the team. I mean the jokes pretty much write themselves.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

Any potential starting pitching we would lose would be a blow, especially with all of the TJ's we had this year. I hate to lose Dylan AND this Valverde guy. Opportunity abounds with our pitching staff for 2018.

rtr

With the old staff gone, what impact will the new staff have with recruiting? I remember reading a while ago where the 2018 Class was ranked in the top 25 and and 2019 Class in the top 10. A LSU friend of mine reminded me that the coach before Cannizaro at LSU recruited 80% of this year's team. Not sticking up for Goff but at least his staff could recruit.....maybe too much. Time will tell

Only time is going to answer that question. I'd just say fans need to not freak out with guys decommitting or moving on, regardless of what they were ranked. This staff deserves the chance to recruit the players they want.

I am getting notices about a CBB Alabama baseball camp for 8-12 graders coming up in August, so they must have gotten something done there.

rtr

Quote Originally Posted by bamamick View Post
    I am getting notices about a CBB Alabama baseball camp for 8-12 graders coming up in August, so they must have gotten something done there.

rtr
    Did a search and came up with a UA camp 9/3. $150 for 3hr session...dang.

We just did a showcase there at Sewell-Thomas a couple weeks ago. Good showcase (besides dodging the daily thundershowers).