Several Young Players Impress in Summer Workout

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Click here:

I believe there's more on the list. I'm surprised we didn't hear much about Robinson and Harris. Looks like the competition will be tight for playing time this fall.

Last edited by a moderator:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I fixed the link... At least I think I fixed it to the article he meant to link.

This bit about Dylan Moses is very exciting:

The five-star freshman from Louisiana continues to show how freakish and talented he is.
The internal expectation is that Moses will be a factor on defense this season.
Moses, who is one of the fastest players on the team despite being 6-foot-3, 235 pounds, can play both inside and outside linebacker and has shown since the spring that he can play the run, can cover and is difficult to block as a pass-rusher.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
I fixed the link... At least I think I fixed it to the article he meant to link.

This bit about Dylan Moses is very exciting:
I don't think I've been more excited about a recruiting class under Saban. Also good to hear this bit bout Cowan. I think him and Moses are going to wreck things for the next few years.

The 6-foot-4, 240-pound Cowan has been described by people at Alabama as a “freak,” as someone who’s big, fast, strong and capable of playing both inside and outside linebacker.
The four-star freshman from Florida is also impressing with how quickly he’s learning.
Cowan is one of three four-star linebackers who enrolled in May, along with Christopher Allen and Markail Benton. The early feedback on all three has been good.
Man, we are so incredibly rich with offensive talent right now. We could probably win a TON of games with just 1st and 2nd year players at the skill positions. From what we have seen so far it looks like Jeudy, Irv Smith, Tua and Najee are the real deal. Now this is saying that Smith and Ruggs are impressing as is Kedrick James. Oh, and we also have a 6'6" sub 4.4 40 WR in Shavers. It's an embarrassment of riches.

Last edited:

Wilson Monroe

1st Team
Jul 19, 2016
If Irv Smith can be a reliable receiving option, then I expect Daboll to use him extensively as a "good match-up". Kid has good speed for that size and his videos show pretty darn good route running knowledge. Anyone think he might fill an H type role in some packages?

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Working hard in the Summer and working at events like the Manning Training Academy, gives our guys a leg up in the Fall. Not that he needs it but guys like Jalen Hurts was evaluated by Peyton Manning, Eli Manning, and Dad, Archie Manning. A good word never Hurts. Jalen not only performed well at the camp, but was well liked by all of the Manning Academy Staff. Can't Hurt.
Sorry guy's but I managed to slip in another couple capitals referencing Jalen Hurts.

I was impressed with Jalen last year... I was impressed with Jalen this Spring too.
If Jalen can deliver on the 'Long Ball' this year it will help our running game, help our QB running game too. Hope our Coordinators plan accordingly. Even with a great passing game, I'm old fashioned enough to want to run the ball down folks throat sometimes. (First and goal inside the 10... Run the ball.)

Last edited:

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
If Irv Smith can be a reliable receiving option, then I expect Daboll to use him extensively as a "good match-up". Kid has good speed for that size and his videos show pretty darn good route running knowledge. Anyone think he might fill an H type role in some packages?
Along with Foristall we are good to go on receiving tight ends and I can see us using TE's much more than in years past.

I have heard good things about Brown at RG but his belly makes Warmack's look small. Hopefully he keeps getting his body right and makes the competition at RG good.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Along with Foristall we are good to go on receiving tight ends and I can see us using TE's much more than in years past.

I have heard good things about Brown at RG but his belly makes Warmack's look small. Hopefully he keeps getting his body right and makes the competition at RG good.
Beginning to think that if the coaches can just find a couple of guys to play the right side of the O line, we could have a special year. One things for sure. We have beaucoup talent on both sides of the ball.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I believe we have another TE on the team that's making noise as well. Let me see... Cam Stewart. They like what he can do.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Hoping Diggs improves since his size is ideal. Nigel Knott is a great athlete but not sure he is physically ready.
I really want Levi Wallace to win the CB2 job. I don't think he is the most likely option but I'm a big fan of him and his story.

Wilson Monroe

1st Team
Jul 19, 2016
I believe we have another TE on the team that's making noise as well. Let me see... Cam Stewart. They like what he can do.

That's the first I have heard about Cam Stewart making noise. I am glad to hear it.

That goes along with my earlier question about Smith at H. Stewart, Forristall, or another at TE and Smith at H? I'm not sure about limiting receivers with the numbers, but it would create some wicked match-up issues.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
We're just going to forget about Hale Henges?

And Ronnie Clark is also working at HB/TE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.