June 27 Bill King Radio Show Segment on Alabama Football

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Audio here

From my limited interactions with Kevin, I understand him to have some friends inside - or close to - the athletic department.

He talks about Jalen's progression thus far, issues with Kiffin, young guys, and a few other topics.

Last edited:

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
Listening now and like what he said about Tony Brown. If the light bulb has truly come on, that will be huge for us.

(Edit: Just finished the piece and ended up encouraged. Does sound like we are a bit thin on the back end of the defense, which we all knew, and that we are loaded on offense, which we all knew. Was encouraged to heard about Daboll and how he is mixing in and intrigued by his mentions of Tua and the role he may play this season.)

Last edited:

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
Well, except for possibly the last one, nothing profound there IMHO.
He also said that he could almost guarantee that Tua would have packages that were deigned for him to run during regular season games - starting with FSU. Thought that was pretty different.

Talked about some of the young receiver we haven't seen yet. Said Ruggs will be almost impossible to keep off the field on special teams as a returner and he also said that Jeudy and Najee Harris have "best to ever come through the program" potential based on their combination of talent and drive. He said Najee has had to be "kicked out" of the weight room on several occasions and is a film study junkie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
I listen to Bill King every morning from 7-9 on 97.7 Huntsville. I like his show because it is mostly about SEC and his guests are all right -- none of that screeming and ranting stupidity of Finebaum callers. I really enjoyed this caller and he got me all pumped up. Roll Tide. If he does not know what he is talking about he sure sounded like it.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
He also said that he could almost guarantee that Tua would have packages that were deigned for him to run during regular season games - starting with FSU. Thought that was pretty different.

Talked about some of the young receiver we haven't seen yet. Said Ruggs will be almost impossible to keep off the field on special teams as a returner and he also said that Jeudy and Najee Harris have "best to ever come through the program" potential based on their combination of talent and drive. He said Najee has had to be "kicked out" of the weight room on several occasions and is a film study junkie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If that info about Tua playing against FSU is correct, that's pretty shocking to me. I think TT is going to be an incredible QB, but unless we are more than 3 scores up on FSU, I'd be pretty suprised for him to be in that game throwing the football (and that's the only reason we'd play him) when the game might still be on the line.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.