Pete Carroll on how he was unable to recruit Julio

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I don't believe that happen cause if I'm not mistaken, it was a two school race for Julio, between Bama & Oklahoma if I remember right..Oklahoma was the one school I was scared we'd lose Julio to..If Julio wanted to see Pete Carroll he would've made time for him if he was interested in USC..

bama61

1st Team
Aug 24, 2004
North Alabama
Do high schools in Alabama have Athletic Directors now? Maybe things have changed in the 45 years since i was in high school. I know, its a minor point. As mentioned before, if he really wanted Julio that bad he could have found him somehow to talk. Good story, but it doesn't sound like Coach Saban offering immediately on the phone just because someone else is snooping around. Could be though. .
Depends on the school I guess, but when I was a pupil at Murphy High School in Mobile during the early 1950's there was an AD. Also when my sons attended Huntsville High in the 1980's there was an AD there as well.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
I don't believe that happen cause if I'm not mistaken, it was a two school race for Julio, between Bama & Oklahoma if I remember right..Oklahoma was the one school I was scared we'd lose Julio to..If Julio wanted to see Pete Carroll he would've made time for him if he was interested in USC..
I got two words for this story, one starts with a B and the other a S!

You are right, he flirted with OU as well so if the story is true how did we let him see and talk to OU if we were so good at hiding Julio? It's just clickbait in my mind and Pete Carroll trying to take another shot at us because after all, it's not his fault that he cheated and people have forgotten about U$C so quickly...

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
Calling Foley a city of 14,000 or so folks in "middle of nowhere", and "in the sticks" is where this writer lost me. I currently live in a town "in the middle of nowhere". (Google Pleasant Dale, NE). Foley is NOT "in the middle of nowhere".

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Calling Foley a city of 14,000 or so folks in "middle of nowhere", and "in the sticks" is where this writer lost me. I currently live in a town "in the middle of nowhere". (Google Pleasant Dale, NE). Foley is NOT "in the middle of nowhere".
Just another story written by a hack that has no clue what they are talking about. Foley isn't what I would call a huge town, but it is far from the sticks. The Black Belt is what I call "in the sticks", not somewhere like Foley. And they wonder why so called journalists are having such problems trying to make a living these days. If they would actually do some work and homework maybe they could make it.

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015
Pleasant Dale, pop.215

You work in Lincoln?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I'm still trying to figure out why sites decided to run this story based on a reporter's retelling of what Carroll said at a conference in October.

I didn't take his comments to be complaining, either. Just a recruiting story, and something that many coaches probably experience when traveling to another state.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Uh! Oh!!!!!!! This is sports getting into the FAKE News business?!?. So, when will we have a Fake Sports Network? Or do we already have one?

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I'm still trying to figure out why sites decided to run this story based on a reporter's retelling of what Carroll said at a conference in October.

I didn't take his comments to be complaining, either. Just a recruiting story, and something that many coaches probably experience when traveling to another state.

I think if it did happen Carroll didn't think too much of it. I think stuff like this actually happens, but no coach worth his weight in dollars thinks much of it.

bamanut_aj

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2000
Spring Hill, TN
Depends on the school I guess, but when I was a pupil at Murphy High School in Mobile during the early 1950's there was an AD. Also when my sons attended Huntsville High in the 1980's there was an AD there as well.
I started Huntsville High in 1987

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.