Alabama reports 22 NCAA minor rule violations, 9 involved football

mrusso

1st Team
Apr 17, 2006
Holy crap some of these are ridiculous.

[FONT=&quot]One gymnastics issue involved football indirectly. The program had to report an instance of a recruit's dad taking a photo with a former Alabama football player while on an unofficial visit.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]And the men's track team was guilty of paying for five family members of a recruit's family when the rules allowed for only four.[/FONT]

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Holy crap some of these are ridiculous.
That's why every team has the infractions. The teams that do not report these infractions are either covering them up (not sure why you would do that since the NCAA let's you self-impose penalties for these) or simply don't have the staff required to really understand a rule book that looks like the US tax code.

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
Saw a screen shot of
Jalen talking talking to Locks on the sideline in Knoxville. Whatever - we scored a touchdown the next possession.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
Some NCAA rules are stupid. When the gymnastics Nationals were in Fort Worth in 2015 and 2016 the finals were on A-day. The DFW alumni chapter, Tide in Texas had our A-day watch party in Fort Worth where the team was having dinner after the meet. We also worked with the medalist club and hosted 'happy hour' before the meet. We basically had over 1/2 the establishment reserved and the team had to have a private area within the reserved area. We wanted the team and coaches to sign a banner to raffle off for a Tide in Texas scholarship and the team had to take it back, sign it and return it vs signing it at the restaurant. There was a cool cake that was donated by the a Tide in Texas member with a team photo on it which was cleared but, any leftover could not be shared. So taking a left over cake and giving it to a bum on the street is an NCAA violation.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I think most schools try to release these on a Friday afternoon or some other type of "kill it on arrival" release time. UA takes the cake because it is a Fourth of July weekend tradition. There isn't a take in the world being written about college football on Fourth of July weekend.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
Best comment I've seen on us reporting these minor violations- "How is what we did any worse than what Bama did and we get hammered?? -- some Ole Miss fan somewhere" LOL

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I think most schools try to release these on a Friday afternoon or some other type of "kill it on arrival" release time. UA takes the cake because it is a Fourth of July weekend tradition. There isn't a take in the world being written about college football on Fourth of July weekend.
What can we say? Thanks to the Journalism school, we know the perfect time for a 5:00 news drop.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.