Quad tailgating prices going up

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015
Is it not also about time forUA Gameday to release their list of " improvements and enhancements" for the game day experience?

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010
Greed wins over everything else. Tradition and family atmosphere be damned.
Who exactly decided that emulating Auburn was a good idea?

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
Wow! That's insane! Oh well, I'm not affected by it. So, I guess I don't care. Nothing beats my HD TV at home. I have a Big Green Egg on the back porch. I can tailgate out there. The only thing I have to pay for is food and drink. Haven't been to a Bama game in Tuscaloosa since 2010. I hate to say I don't miss it. What Gr8hope says is true. If there's money to be made, that trumps anything else good -- no matter what it is.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Wow! That's insane! Oh well, I'm not affected by it. So, I guess I don't care. Nothing beats my HD TV at home. I have a Big Green Egg on the back porch. I can tailgate out there. The only thing I have to pay for is food and drink. Haven't been to a Bama game in Tuscaloosa since 2010. I hate to say I don't miss it. What Gr8hope says is true. If there's money to be made, that trumps anything else good -- no matter what it is.
Will this be moved to the non-sports forum?

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
As a Tide Pride member, I've received what seems like an unusually high number of email invites to order extra tickets this off season.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I hope they save up the money they are making now for when we go 7-5 in 2030 and the ticket and tailgate space demand isn't quite as high.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
I have as well. It's obvious that ticket sales are in a slump.
Can't be that much of a slump... When I check with Tide Pride in Jan 2015 to see how far down the list I was they said they were at Jan 15, 2007 on the wait list. When I check a couple of months ago they had moved less than 14 days. I've been on the wait list since April 2007. Looks like I have about 10 years to go or, a big fat donation.

irNate

1st Team
Nov 19, 2010
Snellville, GA
It's the same thinking behind Disney being expensive. Imagine how crowded it would be if Disney was affordable for everyone. People will still go to games.

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
Can't be that much of a slump... When I check with Tide Pride in Jan 2015 to see how far down the list I was they said they were at Jan 15, 2007 on the wait list. When I check a couple of months ago they had moved less than 14 days. I've been on the wait list since April 2007. Looks like I have about 10 years to go or, a big fat donation.
I've been in since the South deck opening. I have never been offered extra tix past the non-conference games. I've had numerous offers for small packages, for away games, etc. I'm not very high in Tide Pride either.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I dropped out a while ago. Just sad. I'm all for capitalism and what's best for the university, but some consideration for the fans would be nice.
So what do you suggest? I have no answer, I'm just curious as to what you propose as a solution. The reality is this - attending UA is FAR more expensive than it was when I attended in the early 90s, far outstripping inflation...

Are poorer fans more valuable than wealthier fanes? Or vice-versa?

Are older fans more valuable than younger fanes? Or vice-versa?

Just wondering how you feel the university should handle this.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I have as well. It's obvious that ticket sales are in a slump.
I'll await your report in five months regarding how many home games aren't sellouts.

At some point Bama will be less spectacular - at that point, prices will likely fall in line with the norm. Until then, they're selling a SPECTACULAR product that has far more buyers than sellers. Econ 101.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I'll await your report in five months regarding how many home games aren't sellouts.

At some point Bama will be less spectacular - at that point, prices will likely fall in line with the norm. Until then, they're selling a SPECTACULAR product that has far more buyers than sellers. Econ 101.
I agree with you, but I have noticed UA advertising mini-packages more this year than in years past. Heck, we still have tickets for SEC games available. Usually, it's just the cupcakes.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
I am out of touch with society and this is how you can tell: I went to a game once a few years back and decided I would never go back because I do not like being disrespected. Why disrespected? $6.00 for a small bag of popcorn and $5.00 for a small bottle of water. Yes, I can see how much the University thinks of me.

Back in the 80's I went to a spring race at Talladega and it came a rainstorm. The track dried and the race was finished but behind the backstretch grandstands there were five rows of cars with water up to the door handles. You would think the track would send out some of those wreckers to pull the paying customers out of the water -- wouldn't you?

NO SIREE. I sat and watched others fans pulling cars out with their pickups and chains. Evidently the track did not care, so I have never been back. That was very disrespectful.

Other people don't mind being gouged and that is fine with me, to each his own.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.