Generation Z - The Rise of a Libertarian Generation?

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
http://nypost.com/2017/07/01/why-the-next-generation-after-millennials-will-vote-republican/

Born between 1996 and 2010, they are very similar to their Gen X parents, that small, pragmatic generation that fell between the larger baby boomer and millennial generations.

“Gen Z actually like and trust their parents, who have been transparent with them, much more than any generation before,” said Jeff Brauer, a political science professor at Keystone College in suburban Scranton, Pa., who has produced one of the first comprehensive studies on the next generation.

Generation Z is also more religious than preceding generations — attending organized weekly church services at about twice the rate of millennials, Generation Xers and baby boomers.

They are interested in issues that involve themselves but that also impact the broader community — education, employment, security and the environment all concern them.

“Politically, Generation Z is liberal-moderate with social issues, like support for marriage equality and civil rights, and moderate-conservative with fiscal and security issues,” said Brauer.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
2010? Didn't know my seven year old was socially liberal but fiscally conservative [emoji6].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
I think that is the dominant trend. They are not only economically conservative but socially as well. This is the first generation to have been completely home and private schooled.
:)

Well, my kids are in public school, but I live in one of the Top 5 most conservative counties in the country.

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
The older I get the more libertarian I lean. Don't know if that is experience or becoming a crotchety old man who thinks just leave me alone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
It sort of diffuses a movement, when the generation coming up says....."yes, you were treated wrong. Let us help you". And not...."yes, you were treated wrong, now here's some cash, now shut up"....

CajunCrimson

Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I am like most baby boomers, I went to college (mainly because I thought you had to or was told that I had to). I served in the Navy during the Vietnam Era (felt I had to and saw it as my obligation). Spent 40 years in management where I was fiscally conservative and socially conservative because it was the image of management I thought was proper and would get me ahead in my profession. As I got older and approached retirement I started thinking for myself more and realized I had followed the crowd, so to speak, and realized I had not changed but the establishment I followed had changed. While I am still mostly fiscally conservative; socially I am much more liberal than I have ever been. I am probably more Libertarian leaning now, certainly not Dem or Repub. I hope America has better choices for POTUS in 2020 than we had last year.

CajunCrimson

Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I am like most baby boomers, I went to college (mainly because I thought you had to or was told that I had to). I served in the Navy during the Vietnam Era (felt I had to and saw it as my obligation). Spent 40 years in management where I was fiscally conservative and socially conservative because it was the image of management I thought was proper and would get me ahead in my profession. As I got older and approached retirement I started thinking for myself more and realized I had followed the crowd, so to speak, and realized I had not changed but the establishment I followed had changed. While I am still mostly fiscally conservative; socially I am much more liberal than I have ever been. I am probably more Libertarian leaning now, certainly not Dem or Repub. I hope America has better choices for POTUS in 2020 than we had last year.
If it helps, you sound like most boomers....that weren't on TV ;)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.