Happy Birthday America!

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Wishing everyone a faaaaaaaaaaabulous Fourth of July!!

Hope y'all are having an absolute blast, and God Bless America!!!

Will celebrate after I get home from the office...

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
Happy Independence Day to the greatest nation on God's green earth!

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Wishing everyone a faaaaaaaaaaabulous Fourth of July!!

Hope y'all are having an absolute blast, and God Bless America!!!

Will celebrate after I get home from the office...

I realize you are not Canadian, Rush - but Happy (belated) Canada Day anyway!

Enjoy the day, sir! :)

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Happy Birthday U.S.A. from a citizen of this lovely country for the last five years.
So glad you're here, Chattbrit. Assuming your birth was in the UK, I'm curious...

Where were you born, why did you come here, and why did you feel it was a better option for you? Has your view changed in the last five years? Why or why not?

I'm sorry. I don't mean it to be an interrogation. I just love to get the perspectives of people who choose to be here as adults, when they have, literally, a world of options to be elsewhere.

Isaiah 63:1

All-American
Dec 8, 2005
Probably at 35k or in an airport somewhere
What follows is what I post every year on my Facebook page, titling at yet another windmill I realize.

Okay; a bit of a nit/rant here. Yes it's the Fourth of July, but I think that undersells the occasion. It's Independence Day. We don't talk about celebrating the 25th of December, the fourth Thursday in November, the 15th day of Nisan, or the Sunday following the first Friday after the vernal equinox. Why? Because what the day means is more important than what the date is.

So, it's the 4th of July; but I'm celebrating Independence Day. Join me...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
What follows is what I post every year on my Facebook page, titling at yet another windmill I realize.

Okay; a bit of a nit/rant here. Yes it's the Fourth of July, but I think that undersells the occasion. It's Independence Day. We don't talk about celebrating the 25th of December, the fourth Thursday in November, the 15th day of Nisan, or the Sunday following the first Friday after the vernal equinox. Why? Because what the day means is more important than what the date is.

So, it's the 4th of July; but I'm celebrating Independence Day. Join me...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well said!

Happy Independence Day! :)

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Just finished watching Saving Private Ryan.

Always get something in my eye when Cpt. Miller takes Ryan by the hand at the bridge and says, "Earn this.....EARN IT."

Miller wasn't talking to Ryan. He was talking to all of us (including me) who did not have to serve in the armed forces. Because people like him did.

John Miller was a fictional character. But there were countless thousands of real men just like him. I wish them peaceful rest, and give them my gratitude.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Just finished watching Saving Private Ryan.

Always get something in my eye when Cpt. Miller takes Ryan by the hand at the bridge and says, "Earn this.....EARN IT."

Miller wasn't talking to Ryan. He was talking to all of us (including me) who did not have to serve in the armed forces. Because people like him did.

John Miller was a fictional character. But there were countless thousands of real men just like him. I wish them peaceful rest, and give them my gratitude.
For me, it's when he asks his wife at the cemetery to tell him that he's been a good man. I lose it every time there.

I'd like to share this quote that I've seen attributed to John Adams, in a letter addressed to his wife, Abigail:

Is it not intolerable, that the opening Spring, which I should enjoy with my Wife and Children upon my little Farm, should pass away, and laugh at me, for laboring, Day after Day, and Month after Month, in a Conclave, Where neither Taste, nor Fancy, nor Reason, nor Passion, nor Appetite can be gratified?

Posterity! You will never know, how much it cost the present Generation, to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good Use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.