Link: Colin Kaepernick says he really does want back in the NFL (does he?)

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I don't think this guy really wants back in the NFL and I think new GM John Lynch (and probably other GM's) believe as much as well. I find Lynch's comments telling.

Niners general manager John Lynch said last week in a radio interview that he spoke with Kaepernick and that the quarterback wants to play in the NFL this season. He said he urged Kaepernick to express publicly in an interview that he is still committed to his football career.

"He is fully committed to wanting to be in this league. ... I won't communicate too much of what we've talked about, but I will communicate that I gave that opinion to Colin myself: 'I think you are having a little bit of an image crisis in terms of not so much what you did last year, but people are wondering, is this most important to you, at a position where the guys that succeed at that position are the guys that live it, breathe it, the CEOs that play that position.' And I think there is a perception that football's not on the top of his list," Lynch told KNBR Radio in San Francisco.

"And so, my communication with Colin was, 'Your best effort, I think the way you could best help yourself is to not have someone talk for you, not have statements, but go sit down and do an interview, and let people know exactly where you stand.' Because he makes a compelling case as to how bad he wants to be in the league when you talk to him.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/19840805/colin-kaepernick-travels-ghana-independence

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Re: Colin Kaepernick really doesn't want back in the NFL.

I'm a veteran who supported and still supports his right to protest. I equally support the NFL not employing his mediocre skills.

Let him whine racism. There's a reason the dog killer got a second chance in the league while CK doesn't - it's called cost benefits analysis.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX

I always find stories like this fascinating. His mother is white, correct? Yet, he's ignoring one half of his genetic make up to get some "benefit" or sympathy. Didn't someone else do this for 8 years or so?

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.

As someone said, "I can't hear our words over the sound of your actions."

Wanna play QB? Show me. Earn it.

As dog killer's tale proves, this league will put up with a lot off the field to get a capable player on the field. They will not put up with anything off the field for a player who does not demonstrate the skills/ability to play his position.

Last edited:

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham

I always find stories like this fascinating. His mother is white, correct? Yet, he's ignoring one half of his genetic make up to get some "benefit" or sympathy. Didn't someone else do this for 8 years or so?
That's not the oppressed part of him. Give it time and it will be

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

Really, the only thing I care about is not hearing about him anymore, so whatever path he chooses, if I can just stop hearing about him I'll be fine...

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa

Actually both of the people who raised him are white. His biological mother is white and his biological father is black.

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed

Actually both of the people who raised him are white. His biological mother is white and his biological father is black.
And his half-brother is on the white. Colin wants nothing to do with either his biological mother or brother. Don't want a long lasting relationship with the mother (I read the story behind her reason for giving him up, and IMO, she did him a favor) at least met with her and your brother at least one time. He continues to ignore their existence. Just like the NFL should ignore his existence.Sooner he is out of the public eye the better.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

My issue with him is that:

1) he wasnt this great qb to begin with
2) He starts this angle when Chip decided he was going to start Bortles
3) He really started to look like a jerk with the socks
4) He looked like a complete idiot with the Fidel shirt in Miami
5) This crazy says change needs to happen but doesnt even vote

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.

NFL fans watched fewer games in 2016 due to anthem protests, J.D. Power survey shows
The pollster said it asked more than 9,200 people who attended either one football, basketball or hockey game if they tuned into fewer games and why,”
“Twenty-six percent of those who watch fewer games said national anthem protests then led by Colin Kaepernick were the reason.”
24 percent ... said they watched fewer games because of the NFL’s off-field image and domestic violence issues.
[Another reason mentioned was] excessive commercials and advertising (20%).

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004

There's no question it's a real issue. The average fan doesn't want to sit down and have to deal with political issues when watching something that they more than likely are using to escape that type discussion. But let Roger Gooo-dale keep whistling past the grave yard if he wants. It's a big deal to people and they are speaking with their remote controls and wallets. 'Murica!!!

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.

There's no question it's a real issue. The average fan doesn't want to sit down and have to deal with political issues when watching something that they more than likely are using to escape that type discussion. But let Roger Gooo-dale keep whistling past the grave yard if he wants. It's a big deal to people and they are speaking with their remote controls and wallets. 'Murica!!!
Funny thing is that the number 4 reason viewers tuned out was so that they could tune into the presidential race.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004

Funny thing is that the number 4 reason viewers tuned out was so that they could tune into the presidential race.
That makes sense. I don't walk into my favorite restaurant looking to discuss and buy life insurance. When people want to hear and watch politics they go to the place that is designated for that. I'm not sure if you are familiar with the comedian Bill Burr. He has an interview on Conan O'Brien regarding this topic that explains the average Joe's mindset PERFRECTLY. It's not that people don't care about equal rights, social change, awareness etc. It's they don't want to deal with it while watching sports. That's not why they just grilled the burgers and hotdogs, bought the 12 pack of beer and invited friends over. They want to watch the game and escape that stuff for a few hours.

Last edited:

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.

I respect the guy's right to protest. I would have been a lot more sympathetic if he had gone to Ferguson, Mo. to protest there.
The NFL, however, is a business. Going out of your way to tick off your fans/customers is not good for the long-term business prospects.
Just like knocking your wife out with a sucker punch on CCTV (an example of the No. 2 reason viewership is down) is not likely to make customers feel good about patronizing your business.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA

OWINGS MILLS, Md. -- The Baltimore Ravens indicated there's still a chance that the team could sign Colin Kaepernick, and part of that decision depends on the status of quarterback Joe Flacco, who is sidelined with a back injury.

"It has to do with our need," coach John Harbaugh said Friday. "Joe is day to day. Do we really need to make that move or not? That's the decision that really has to be made. I think there are a lot of layers to it, just from a football standpoint."
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...-sign-free-agent-quarterback-colin-kaepernick

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.