2017 SEC Media Days Thread (July 10 - July 13)

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
SEC media days sorely needs Spurrier back. Guice aside, no controversy and everyone entirely too complimentary of one another.

Come on, SEC! Pump up the volume!

Coach Mac was pretty pedestrian in his remarks.

It is what it is......they each have their own style.

Coach Spurrier was right about one thing. This is the talking season....

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
SEC media days sorely needs Spurrier back. Guice aside, no controversy and everyone entirely too complimentary of one another.

Judging by the list of of guys not attending B1G media days, we could step down a few notches and still be above you guys.

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
What is the rule change about coaches on the field? Why? Wasn't it already against the rules?

We don't need new rules, we need the refs to just enforce the ones already on the books. Just like the lineman down field rule, don't really need a new one, just enforce the current one.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Interesting that the Alabama players feel disrespected because Alabama is not feared. I mean, at the highest level of any sport fear isn't really a factor.

I get wanting to dominate your opponent. Wanting to make them quit. But, even when being dominated, no player worth his salt quits or fears the opposition in this sport.

I also saw something that suggested that Saban hoped that this team didn't waste the extra motivation that comes with a huge loss. I think that they team will feed off of that hunger this year. Finish.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Sumlin seems a bit butthurt that al.com guy using his time to basically ask for questions about Auburn (Stidham).

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Sumlin seems a bit butthurt that al.com guy using his time to basically ask for questions about Auburn (Stidham).

On either this or my other forum, someone said they ran into CKS somewhere and the guy was a complete richard to him. That's someone's else's account...who knows....

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL

Lol....I agree. He's always good for taking a few shots at UT and UGA. Heck it's even funny when he throws barbs our way on occasion. Dislike the way he retired but he's definitely missed.

Last edited:

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
On either this or my other forum, someone said they ran into CKS somewhere and the guy was a complete richard to him. That's someone's else's account...who knows....
I've heard from some channels that he's not that approachable. So that makes two games of telephone w/r/t Kevin Sumlin's personality. hah

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
I am looking forward to watching the wheels come off Missouri, Kentucky and Vanderbilt. According to many it sounds like those three will be fighting among themselves for the Eastern title. Poor Florida, Georgia and Tennessee! This is akin to thinking Illinois, Maryland or Rutgers will win the B1G East.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I ran into him on Bourbon Street and asked for a picture. He refused. Came across real smug and, as you say, a Richard..

Last edited:

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I think there's a reason his entire tenure since Johnny Football has been marred about questions about his job safety.

He's probably ticked off some people in the media or even boosters with his attitude when off camera. You can kind of sense the toolbag-ness of his personality the more you hear him speak even when he's trying to put on the "running for mayor" good face.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.