2017 SEC Media Days Thread (July 10 - July 13)

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
I think there's a reason his entire tenure since Johnny Football has been marred about questions about his job safety.

He's probably ticked off some people in the media or even boosters with his attitude when off camera. You can kind of sense the toolbag-ness of his personality the more you hear him speak even when he's trying to put on the "running for mayor" good face.
Well said. I haven't commented on him because I couldn't figure out how to say it. My first impression of Sumlin was a well spoken HC. Since then I see a HC with that "running for mayor" persona.

Oh, and today is the day we get to see Mr. Freeze keep repeating "I am under a gag order" until he gets up and walks off the stage. I'll wager Finebaum will be easy on him.

Last edited:

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015
Don't forget, few years ago Finebaum was paid to go give the Ole Miss commencement speech. How many commencement speeches do you think Paul is given in his lifetime? He was there for the whole weekend I'm sure they wined and dined him and essentially bought his influence because they knew they were cheating like the devil

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
Interesting that the Alabama players feel disrespected because Alabama is not feared. I mean, at the highest level of any sport fear isn't really a factor.
I get wanting to dominate your opponent. Wanting to make them quit. But, even when being dominated, no player worth his salt quits or fears the opposition in this sport.
for reference:

The quote from Glen Coffee: "We want other teams to fear us."

techster79

All-American
Oct 20, 2014
Deatsville, Al
Gus trumping his 6 game winning streak during the 2016 season and whining about "key" injuries.
LSU
LA-Monroe
MS State
Arkansas
Mississippi
Vanderbilt

Last edited:

Cruiser

All-American
Sep 24, 2015
Gus trumping his 6 game winning streak during the 2016 season and whining about "key" injuries.
LSU
LA-Monroe
MS State
Arkansas
Mississippi
Vanderbilt
He brags about 6 in a row; Bama is disappointed when we loose #22 .

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.