2017 SEC Media Days Thread (July 10 - July 13)

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Players going to media days:

Media days schedule:

2017 SEC FOOTBALL MEDIA DAYS SCHEDULE
MONDAY, July 10
Arkansas - Bret Bielema
LSU - Ed Orgeron
Tennessee - Butch Jones

TUESDAY, July 11
Florida - Jim McElwain
Georgia - Kirby Smart
Vanderbilt - Derek Mason
Mississippi State - Dan Mullen

WEDNESDAY, July 12
Alabama - Nick Saban
Kentucky - Mark Stoops
Missouri - Barry Odom
Texas A&M - Kevin Sumlin

THURSDAY, July 13
Auburn - Gus Malzahn
Ole Miss - Hugh Freeze
South Carolina - Will Muschamp

Last edited:

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
I think it's interesting that Ole Miss is scheduled for the last day. I imagine Hugh Freeze will get plenty of attention. The good reverend better have a bullet proof suit on!

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
I think the player selection has a lot to do with choosing those who are in their last year.

Senior class for sure but also Juniors who are likely to elect to enter the NFL draft.

Definitely an distinction to be selected.....

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I think the player selection has a lot to do with choosing those who are in their last year.

Senior class for sure but also Juniors who are likely to elect to enter the NFL draft.

I imagine having the ability to speak well in front of a crowd helps too.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017

I saw someone on twitter mention that Saban hasn't brought a player to SEC Media Days that didn't end up declaring for the draft since Hightower in 2010

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
I'm sure the two bye week issue will come up. I am for it just because it will give a week longer season. It goes by way too soon. We watch for 13 weeks now, so 14 sounds better. Fifteen if we count Army-Navy.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
DG needs a little help with his logic skills.
I agree. He could turn that argument that into an indictment of LSU's passing game.
He should turn to Danny Etling and tell him, "Man, our opponents are so unimpressed with your passing skills that that they are loading the box."
I don't think that would improve team dynamics, but that would be more truthful.
As it stands, the fact that Bala stacked the box against LSU and LSU did not try to take advantage by throwing more.

CrimsonTusk

1st Team
Sep 14, 2003
Florence AL USA

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.