Cookie store suspends employee for buying cookie for cop

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
The next person in line, a black female with her cadre of kids, complained when she asked him if he was going to buy her cookies too. Which he politely said "I'm sorry I bought his because he was wearing a badge." She screams racism (typical bs) and the store suspended him for a week. After reviewing the action, the store issued an apology to the employee and reinstated him.

Why are we still dealing with this "victim" mentality in 2017 over something like this? I know the police stuff is a real issue, but seriously, this? She just wanted a freebie.

http://www.click2houston.com/news/k...oyee-for-offering-to-pay-for-officers-cookies

This is in my town so I do know more than was reported and that it was a black female who levied this stupid accusation.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
My guess is he won't be there long anyway. I'm sure the local NAACP, Black Panthers and BLM will protest the store. He'll probably get an offer from one of the locally owned restaurants and take it. I won't be surprised if Midway BBQ or Texas Traditions hires him to be perfectly honest.

AV8N

1st Team
Sep 18, 2013
Plenty of places give discounts, free coffee, etc. to cops on duty. Not sure why the store felt the need to suspend him, unless he was rude to the customer. In this case, though, it sounds like the customer was rude to him.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
If the kid bought it himself......and didn't just give him one that's not his to give.....what's the big deal?

I've bought military, police and firefighters meals before, no one had any issues.

I'm guessing bad timing .... the next person in line had an agenda

LA4Bama

All-SEC
Jan 5, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
I bet the manager wishes the young man had just given this woman's kid a free donut. Not saying I agree with her, but a donut that cost $.22 to make is not worth the fuss. Pick your battles.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I bet the manager wishes the young man had just given this woman's kid a free donut. Not saying I agree with her, but a donut that cost $.22 to make is not worth the fuss. Pick your battles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

64met

All-American
Oct 12, 2007
This situation is yet another example of what is wrong in this country. SMH

danb

All-SEC
Dec 4, 2011
Hazel Green, AL
A good friend of mine, who was Chief of Huntsville Fire and Rescue at one point in time, told me that firefighters and Leo's are technically not supposed to accept free stuff from businesses (although most all do). He told me the reason being was because it opened the door for people to claim they give preferential treatment to certain businesses over others (response times...etc..) and stated people have tried to use that argument numerous times over the years. That being said, it's a common occurrence for places to give out small stuff to them (coffee, cookies, doughnuts, etc).

This story has me SMDH, but does not surprise me at all with the "entitled" mindset a lot of folks have these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.