Florida Announces 2017 Homecoming Game - October 7 Against LSU

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
We all remember the back and forth from last year's disagreement over how the game should be handled with Hurricane Matthew heading towards Florida. The two schools finally came to an agreement. LSU would travel to Florida two years in a row.

Well, this year is going to be Florida's homecoming game. I'm enjoying the pettiness between the two schools from afar.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
We all remember the back and forth from last year's disagreement over how the game should be handled with Hurricane Matthew heading towards Florida. The two schools finally came to an agreement. LSU would travel to Florida two years in a row.

Well, this year is going to be Florida's homecoming game. I'm enjoying the pettiness between the two schools from afar.
This is hilarious. Only thing that would make it funnier is if LSU routs them.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
It appears LSU finally has found a rival. For years it was Ole Miss, then since Coach Saban they named us although we still think otherwise. Funny. What would be really funny is if the game had to be moved again.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
It appears LSU finally has found a rival. For years it was Ole Miss, then since Coach Saban they named us although we still think otherwise. Funny. What would be really funny is if the game had to be moved again.
Well Tulane was a rival until they decided to give up on competitive sports. Yes, Ole Miss was/is. Especially during the 50s and 60s. I guess it's still a big game whenever Ole Miss is good but that's just rare since 1970. I do consider LSU one of our rivals, just not a main one. I've never particularly hated them, but it's always been a fun game even before Nick Saban got involved 17 years ago.

But.. I do love this new development between them and Florida. I also think LSU is the pettier party here, as they wanted to ditch the annual Florida game because it wasn't fair they had to play Urban Meyer every year and we got a rudderless Tennessee team, even though there is historical precedence for the game to be played annually. Good on Florida for giving it back to them and now I fully expect LSU to rout them this fall.

cindym

All-SEC
Oct 14, 2009
saraland, al
Daaang! reckon that will cheeze the lswhoos off even more making them a homecoming game����������������

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
I think LSU has the OC and DC to be quite good this year. This could be an interesting game - I know last year's was fantastic!
Last year LSU had Florida at BR and was making great fun of them for being afraid to play. Florida upset them. This year the shoe is on the other foot (a patsy for home coming) and I look for LSU to beat Florida at BHG stadium.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
Cross Division Rivals past ten years record: Some are healthy, some very sickly.

Ala vs Tn 10-0
Ga vs Aub 8-2
MSU vs Ky 8-2
Van vs Miss 6-4
LSU vs Fla 5-5
TA&M vs SC 3-0
Mizou vs Ark 2-1

LSU and Florida are having a slugfest.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.