Alibaba founder has a brutal theory of how America went wrong over the past 30 years

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Eisenhower warned us and we weren't vigilant.

"In the past 30 years, America had 13 wars spending $14.2 trillion ... no matter how good your strategy is you're supposed to spend money on your own people," Ma said. "The money goes to Wall Street. Then what happened? Year 2008. The financial crisis wiped out $19.2 trillion in US income ... What if the money was spent on the Midwest of the United States, developing industry there?"
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...nt-wrong-over-the-past-30-years-a7821396.html

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
Wow, that dude hits pretty close to home.

I find that I've become a nationalist. Please don't confuse nationalism with anti-immigration, anti-protecting of our interest (both domestic and abroad,) anti-working with other nation's. But if we don't put our country first, who will?

If your house is in disarray, sooner or later it's going to fall, regardless of whatever you've done elsewhere.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
It's tough, because the looming fear of the next Hitler always seems to be out there. And no one else seems capable of stopping the next threat. Johnson and Nixon can likely take the blame for that one. And if we had listened to our WW2 Generals, we could have ended the future Cold War in 1945.....if we had gone straight to Moscow

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
It's tough, because the looming fear of the next Hitler always seems to be out there. And no one else seems capable of stopping the next threat. Johnson and Nixon can likely take the blame for that one. And if we had listened to our WW2 Generals, we could have ended the future Cold War in 1945.....if we had gone straight to Moscow
I don't think most people know the history or atrocities of Russia at the end of and post WW2. I've commented on Russia before in these forums, and I believe they are truly the most dangerous country on the planet and have been for nearly 100 years.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
I don't think most people know the history or atrocities of Russia at the end of and post WW2. I've commented on Russia before in these forums, and I believe they are truly the most dangerous country on the planet and have been for nearly 100 years.
I'd put my money on N Korea, Iran and Pakistan first.

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
I'd put my money on N Korea, Iran and Pakistan first.
This proves my point regarding the understanding of who/what Russia is. Those countries are dangerous because of leadership, but lack a commitment from the majority of the country to the same ideals. Iran and Pakistan could be left to their own devices and never bother us. N Korea is NK, and cannot maintain any form of sustained combat without the direct support of other countries (food and fuel.)

Now take Russia, where you'd be hard pressed to find a member of that country (govt or citizen) that doesn't want the return to their former glory, especially if it involved gaining it through military might, over the US in particular.

IMALOYAL1

All-American
Oct 28, 2000
Birmingham AL
I don't think many people know that the Soviet Union, along with Germany invaded Poland in 1939. The Soviet's have been aggressors to their neighboring countries on more than one occasion.
Many would not know how supportive France and Britain was of Hitlers rise to power thinking a strong Germany would neutralize a growing communist Russia. ooops

Last edited:

pcfixup

Suspended
Feb 2, 2005
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
This proves my point regarding the understanding of who/what Russia is. Those countries are dangerous because of leadership, but lack a commitment from the majority of the country to the same ideals. Iran and Pakistan could be left to their own devices and never bother us. N Korea is NK, and cannot maintain any form of sustained combat without the direct support of other countries (food and fuel.)

Now take Russia, where you'd be hard pressed to find a member of that country (govt or citizen) that doesn't want the return to their former glory, especially if it involved gaining it through military might, over the US in particular.
I'd take it further. During the cold war, most Russians liked American people and the American Ideal, they did not like our government or policy.

Now, their population now has a deep contempt for us.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I'd take it further. During the cold war, most Russians liked American people and the American Ideal, they did not like our government or policy.

Now, their population now has a deep contempt for us.
I'm not sure that we can know with any certainty what the average Russian on the street thinks...

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
I'm not sure that we can know with any certainty what the average Russian on the street thinks...
The Levada Center does public opinion polling inside Russia on Russians' attitude's about a number of issues, including Russians' attitudes about Americans and US government policy.

Counterintuitively, Russians seem in some cases to be less skeptical of Russian media now than they were during the Soviet times when Russians used to joke that "there is no truth in News (Izvestiya) and not news in Truth (Pravda)."

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
Those wars, unlike WWll, were financed by deficit spending rather than tax increases and bond sales. Dumb as Hades. Nobody paid except the young service men with their blood.

How did America pay for World War II? - Marginal REVOLUTION

marginalrevolution.com/.../2010/09/how-did-american-pay-for-world-war-ii.htmlSep 7, 2010 - To a degree that will surprise many, the US funded its World War II effort largely by raising taxes and tapping into Americans' personal savings. ... During the War, Americans purchased approximately $186 billion worth of war bonds, accounting for nearly three quarters of total federal spending from 1941-1945.

Wilson Monroe

1st Team
Jul 19, 2016
Could we be non-PC enough to actually point the finger at the correct party for the 2008 financial crisis. I'll give you a hint, our most famous cigar aficionado.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.