Pick One Player from Another SEC Team Who Would Increase Our NC Hopes for '17

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Is there a reason that we did not get Carlson or his brother since both parents and grandfather are UA alums?
We offered Daniel a scholarship. Saban offered a a preferred walk-on. Think y'all took Griffith instead. Anders wanted to play with his brother.
Just goes to show us how inexact the science of recruiting really is.

I can gaurantee you there was a not a nickel's worth of difference in Carlson and Griffith when they were evaluated as HS kickers. There could have been the factor the CNS "thought" Carlson's family would accept the preferred walkon status with their family connections, but who knows.

It's not that AG was a bad kicker, but in college when the lights of bigs stadiums came on, AG was not nearly as consistent as DC has been. Almost impossible to predict.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Griff was already on campus when Carlson was being recruited. Because of that, Carlson was offered a walk-on spot.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Griff was already on campus when Carlson was being recruited. Because of that, Carlson was offered a walk-on spot.
Yeah, I was basing that claim off of this statement.

As the story goes, Saban extended an offer to Daniel back in 2012 to be a preferred walk-on for the Crimson Tide. Alabama's coach couldn't offer the Alabama legacy a scholarship, though, because it was already taken by current Alabama kicker Adam Griffith. Fate has shined on both kickers.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I knew they were not in the same class. But still, no way to predict AG's consistency struggles vs. Carlson's icewater.

And this is a position where you are put on an island of fail or succeed everytime you are on the field. Much different than almost every other position.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.