Pick One Player from Another SEC Team Who Would Increase Our NC Hopes for '17

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Who's the guy (if you could) you'd pick from another SEC school to play at Bama this year to help our run at another NC???

We are deep at almost every position. Considering he should have been at Bama anyway I'm taking Auburn's PK Carlson. Dude is automatic and we are a mystery (at this point) at this position for '17.

Who you got???

vestamark01

BamaNation Citizen
Aug 27, 2015
I'm sure there are a few offensive linemen whose names I don't know. However one name I know is Eddie Piniero. Place kicking hasn't been a strength through much of Saban' s time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
This is hard because we have so much talent everywhere. However, there is also a lot of inexperience. I think my answer (assuming there isn't something odd going on with him) is Arden Key. We lost all of our main pass rushers and while we have a talent we don't have a lot of proven guys.

Bama in Quebec

1st Team
Aug 10, 2013
Quebec city
I have to agree with RollTide_HTTR. We have so much talent everywhere. It's hard to choose one specific player.

1- Daniel Carlson, kicker, Auburn
2- Braden Smith, guard, Auburn
3- Arden Key, DE, LSU

CraigD

All-American
Aug 8, 2006
Columbus, GA
Might choose a stud shutdown guy for the defensive secondary. Are there any of those available?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Might choose a stud shutdown guy for the defensive secondary. Are there any of those available?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was thinking this too but couldn't decide on who. If we had a sure thing across from Averett our secondary would be incredible.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I'm sure there are a few offensive linemen whose names I don't know. However one name I know is Eddie Piniero. Place kicking hasn't been a strength through much of Saban' s time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
That's the one area we haven't had "the stud" like we have had at almost every other position. But surprisingly, the relative weakness we've had at this position probably hasn't cost us too many games except the one that probably hurts the most that I won't name but it has the word "kick" in it. :wink:

Edit: It wasn't AG that cost us that game either.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
That's the one area we haven't had "the stud" like we have had at almost every other position. But surprisingly, the relative weakness we've had at this position probably hasn't cost us too many games except the one that probably hurts the most that I won't name but it has the word "kick" in it. :wink:

Edit: It wasn't AG that cost us that game either.
2011 vs. LSU comes to mind.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
That would have been my second choice...but the "other game" likely cost us the opportunity for another title.

In 2011 we got our "revenge" in NOLA!

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Duron Carter. If we had him, we'd be unstoppable.

Not trying to pick on you but my gawd this joke is beyond played out. It's similar to someone dropping a "that's what she said" line in 2017.

To answer the question I'd go with (who pretty much everyone else picked) Carlson as my first choice followed by Key..

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
I didn't think about kicker at all but that's a good one. I still think I'd stick with Key because I think he would have a bigger impact on more games but love the kicker idea.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.