Hogs and Irish schedule home and home for 2020.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
Now, while you can debate how "historic" of a meeting these games will be, it's not just cool to see Notre Dame scheduling SEC opponents when it already has to play so many ACC foes, it's that these games are scheduled to be played on campus.

http://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...nounce-home-and-home-series-in-2020-and-2025/

More remarkable than on campus games is that both teams will have new Head Coaches by 2020.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Now, while you can debate how "historic" of a meeting these games will be, it's not just cool to see Notre Dame scheduling SEC opponents when it already has to play so many ACC foes, it's that these games are scheduled to be played on campus.

http://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...nounce-home-and-home-series-in-2020-and-2025/

More remarkable than on campus games is that both teams will have new Head Coaches by 2020.
Irish play UGA this year in South Bend, too........

And you're right on the coaches. Man, I hope Bob Stoops is ready for the trip to Hawgville.....

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
Irish play UGA this year in South Bend, too........

And you're right on the coaches. Man, I hope Bob Stoops is ready for the trip to Hawgville.....
Do you think Stoops would go to Hawgville? Man, that is not just a step down ~ it is two steps down.

I don't like Notre Dame but I have to give them credit for not dipping into the FCS for cupcakes. They stay with the FBS teams.

I just did some poking around and USC, UCLA, Oklahoma and Texas have not played FCS in ten years. Ohio St, Michigan and Penn St have not played FCS in three years. Maybe this is a trend headed our way.

Last edited:

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015
Do you think Stoops would go to Hawgville? Man, that is not just a step down ~ it is two steps down.

I don't like Notre Dame but I have to give them credit for not dipping into the FCS for cupcakes. They stay with the FBS teams.
I think he means Stoops will be going to hogville as the Notre Dame head football coach

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
ND will buy out of the return game in Fayetteville. That game will never be played. They would have preferred to have played Arkansas in one of their off site home game "Shamrock Series" games. Whereby they control ALL of the tickets and NBC has the TV rights. Ironically, and comically, they learned the hard way when they began that series that they could not do that in the SEC and Big 12 footprints. They booked stadiums in those footprints from 2009-2013 and in 2016 thinking they could do that and then learned that the SEC and Big 12 TV contracts would not allow that.

They had San Antonio booked in 2009, Orlando in 2010 and 2011. New Orleans in 2012, and Arlington in 2013 and 2016. In 2009 they wound up playing Washington State in San Antonio :). They got out of the Orlando bookings because the Citrus Bowl had not made the contractually required improvements. They bought out of the New Orleans booking when the scheduled game with Baylor :) didn't get off the ground. They wound up playing Arizona State in Arlington :) in 2013 and Army in Arlington :) in 2016.

I suspect they thought they could schedule aTm in San Antonio in 2009. Bama and UF in Orlando in 2010 and 2011. LSU in New Orleans in 2012. And Texas and OU in Arlington in 2013 and 2016. Shamrock Series is a good name for it because it is a sham.

If allowed, Arkansas most likely would have been booked in Little Rock. And everyone would have thought it was an off site home game for Arkansas. Just as everyone thought with the game at Fenway Park with Boston College in 2015. BC off site home game. Right? Nope! ND off site home game. And just as everyone thought with the Maryland game in Landover in 2012. Maryland off site home game. Right? Nope! ND off site home game.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.