Are you picking Florida or Michigan? aTm or UCLA?

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
Who are you picking in these opening games:

Texas A&M @UCLA
Florida vs Michigan
Va. Tech vs W. Va.
Tenn. vs Ga. Tech

The first three should be close and since GT is a wishbone team they might make a game of it with the Viles.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
Who are you picking in these opening games:

Texas A&M @UCLA
Florida vs Michigan
Va. Tech vs W. Va.
Tenn. vs Ga. Tech

The first three should be close and since GT is a wishbone team they might make a game of it with the Viles.
I am going with A&M, Florida, Va Tech, and Georgia Tech.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015
I hate Georgia Tech, for historical reasons, but I will be pulling like mad for them to beat Tennessee in the first game

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
I'm undecided. Line opened it Tennessee about -6 and 1/2 it's come down to Georgia Tech getting three and a half points

Obviously early money riding on Tech
Wow, that is closer than I figured. GT is one of those teams that screw up the recruiting rankings, like Navy. Wishbone I guess.

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
A&M always starts the season fast, and UCLA is eternally overrated. Give me the Ags, even in Pasadena.

Florida's defense should give Michigan's offense fits. With that said, I doubt they can score enough to win. I'll take Michigan in a close one.

I haven't followed VT or WVU in the slightest. So I know nothing about their incoming teams. I do like though the culture that Fuentes is trying install in Blacksburg though, so I'll give VT the edge.

Lastly, GaTech always seems to pull off a win they shouldn't every year, and this one will be in Atlanta... with that said, Tennessee will win, claim themselves as the people's champions, probably award themselves rings and cigars, and then finish 7-5.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Aggies (battle of the coaches feeling the heat)
Gators (not sold on the "Harbaugh is the best coach ever" hype; talent and coaching is better in Gainesville).
Hokies (second year head coach gets to install more of his system in Blacksburg)
Vols (having only one week in the middle of the season makes Ga Tech hard to prepare for. Having the month of August makes that task a bit easier; if this game was in October, I'd pick the Jackets).

Most like to that I am wrong: Aggies followed by the Vols.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Aggies (battle of the coaches feeling the heat)
Gators (not sold on the "Harbaugh is the best coach ever" hype; talent and coaching is better in Gainesville).
Hokies (second year head coach gets to install more of his system in Blacksburg)
Vols (having only one week in the middle of the season makes Ga Tech hard to prepare for. Having the month of August makes that task a bit easier; if this game was in October, I'd pick the Jackets).

Most like to that I am wrong: Aggies followed by the Vols.
Harbaugh absolutely destroyed Mac with his 1st team in 2015. That's before Harbaugh really started recruiting. Mac had mushchamp's defense but got boatraced by a Brady Hoke offense.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
A&M always starts the season fast, and UCLA is eternally overrated. Give me the Ags, even in Pasadena.

Florida's defense should give Michigan's offense fits. With that said, I doubt they can score enough to win. I'll take Michigan in a close one.

I haven't followed VT or WVU in the slightest. So I know nothing about their incoming teams. I do like though the culture that Fuentes is trying install in Blacksburg though, so I'll give VT the edge.

Lastly, GaTech always seems to pull off a win they shouldn't every year, and this one will be in Atlanta... with that said, Tennessee will win, claim themselves as the people's champions, probably award themselves rings and cigars, and then finish 7-5.

This, unfortunately, although I`d love to see the Gators just drill `em.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I'd take all of the SEC teams plus VT.

The SEC teams simply have more talent and I think that Va Tech's defense is the difference there.

I like Florida in that game because UM will have almost no experience on the field.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
Florida has struggled mightily against top tier competition under Mac and I am not sure the Aggies will have improved that much over 2016. I think that Michigan will roll the gators and UCLA will win a close one against AM.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.