Is Jarrett Stidham THE MOST Hyped QB Entrant in auburn history?

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

techster79

All-American
Oct 20, 2014
Deatsville, Al
3 games on the road in 4 weeks...@ Arkansas 10/14, @ LSU 10/21...OFF..and @ A&M on 11/4...do NOT think they win all three of those...:)
*** and that's after 3 straight SEC games too...
Good point, trying to be objective though. Arkansas might be able to score enough to keep up but can they stop the run? LSU offense shouldn't be any better, don't see them keeping up. And A&M winning games in Nov, I'll believe it when I see it.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
But did he get an Urban Sombrero? LOL!!! (Sorry...Seinfeld reference... J.Peterman)

"He got Nathan Peterman to throw for 2,200 and 2,800 yards in two years at Pitt. Nathan Peterman"

The guy is a heck of a coach.[/QUOTE]

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
I still remember hearing more about Cam Newton. I seem to recall that Gussy said he was not going to name a starter after the spring practices because he wanted the competition to continue into the fall. However, the next week he made it an issue to name Cam as the starter. I always assumed that Cam went and told him that he might transfer in the summer if he wasn't named the starter- or at least some type of threat. It just seemed odd, but I am getting older so I may be confused about that.

bodiddle

All-SEC
May 14, 2006
Hard to believe given his play that year, but JT was a redshirt freshman in 2014. That was his best year as a QB in every way. He has not been the same since Herman left.
Do you think his play in 2014 was mostly due to Herman? I think I saw him play in three games last year and not meaning to be mean but he looked kind of bad (maybe even awful) in each game. I was thinking surely Urban has got someone better than Barrett.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Do you think his play in 2014 was mostly due to Herman? I think I saw him play in three games last year and not meaning to be mean but he looked kind of bad (maybe even awful) in each game. I was thinking surely Urban has got someone better than Barrett.
Yes - he was a great passer in 2014. He has been a very average passer since. Now some of that could be a result of the injuries, but I think that most of it is in his head.

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008
Well this thread piqued my interest enough to go to youtube and watch Stidham's spring game highlights.

My conclusion: Auburn's DBs couldn't cover my grandmother with a blanket if she was asleep.

All jokes aside, he made some good throws here and there. Just hard to tell how good he really is throwing against those guys.

CaliforniaTide

All-American
Aug 9, 2006
Huntsville, AL
Gus has done well with two transferring QBs, and so I will not say that it won't happen again. However, much like Cole Cubelic said this morning, his system requires great QB play, and I just as much cannot say that it will happen again for Gus. I'll just wait and see what happens.

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015
Well this thread piqued my interest enough to go to youtube and watch Stidham's spring game highlights.

My conclusion: Auburn's DBs couldn't cover my grandmother with a blanket if she was asleep.

All jokes aside, he made some good throws here and there. Just hard to tell how good he really is throwing against those guys.
Also, they had the first team offense going up against the second team defense. Part of me wonders if this was partly a stage show to take a little heat off guster brown

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.