Sec. Mattis interview with a high school reporter

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
High school reporter got Mattis telephone number from a photo in the Washington Post.
Anyway, Mattis gave the kid a 45-minute interview.
Mattis said:
If you look at the wars from probably Korea, Vietnam, Iraq, dare I say Afghanistan, every time we go into a war and we don’t figure out what the political end state is, we get into wars and we don’t know how to end them. Then you’ve got a real problem. The most important thing is, if you have to go to war, then do everything you can not to go to war if at all possible. Then you’ve got to get the political end state right or you’ll never figure out how to end it successfully.
The entire interview is here.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I think General Mattis is a very intelligent guy. I think it was interesting that he had no problem giving Obama and the Clintons props even though he is a part of the Trump cabinet.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
To continue Sec. Mattis' thoughts, General George C. Marshal said, "If you get the objectives right, lieutenant can write the strategy."

Guess which part politicians hate writing/articulating?

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.