PSA: Don't use Kaspersky products

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I spent my childhood diving under my desk for nuclear attack drills, said attacks to be made by the USSR. We sometimes called them the "Soviets," but, mostly we called them "Russians." Not likely someone my age with any kind of memory uses something Russian for "security," cyber or otherwise...

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
I spent my childhood diving under my desk for nuclear attack drills, said attacks to be made by the USSR. We sometimes called them the "Soviets," but, mostly we called them "Russians." Not likely someone my age with any kind of memory uses something Russian for "security," cyber or otherwise...
same thing used to be said by older folks on German and Japanese cars, now it seems a huge percentage of those are driving Lexus and Mercedes

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
same thing used to be said by older folks on German and Japanese cars, now it seems a huge percentage of those are driving Lexus and Mercedes
Well, I was born a couple of years before the US got into WWII and I had a strong prejudice against German and Japanese cars, but, by 1964, I was driving a Beetle and now own three Japanese vehicles. Nevertheless, I would still never have Russian software. The thaw in the cold war was brief and didn't begin to resemble the thaw with Germany and Japan. You're trying to compare oranges and apples, IMO...

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Well, I was born a couple of years before the US got into WWII and I had a strong prejudice against German and Japanese cars, but, by 1964, I was driving a Beetle and now own three Japanese vehicles. Nevertheless, I would still never have Russian software. The thaw in the cold war was brief and didn't begin to resemble the thaw with Germany and Japan. You're trying to compare oranges and apples, IMO...
We conquered Germany and Japan and I would say they largely completely reformed from their former position and became strong allies. Although I admit I'm not educated well enough on the West/East German split, but the country as a whole now is an ally.

Russia was never conquered in the traditional sense, things have always festered beneath the surface since the Cold War thawed, and they've never been a true ally. I'm 34 but I have memories of diving under desks at school for bomb drills. They would have been in 1st grade.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
Israel hacked Kaspersky, then tipped the NSA that its tools had been breached

In 2015, Israeli government hackers saw something suspicious in the computers of a Moscow-based cybersecurity firm: hacking tools that could only have come from the National Security Agency.

Israel notified the NSA, where alarmed officials immediately began a hunt for the breach, according to people familiar with the matter, who said an investigation by the agency revealed that the tools were in the possession of the Russian government.

Israeli spies had found the hacking material on the network of Kaspersky Lab, the global anti-virus firm under a spotlight in the United States because of suspicions that its products facilitate Russian espionage.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.