Poll: Will butch jones Survive? - Page 2

View Poll Results: Will Butch Jone s be in knoxville for 2018?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

24 38.10%
  • No

39 61.90%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Will butch jones Survive?

Quote Originally Posted by BAMAVILLE View Post
    I'm thinking making it to the SEC championship will solidify his job for 2018.
    Losing to us twice probably won't help his cause.

2. Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson1967 View Post
    Losing to us twice probably won't help his cause.
    haha thats true lol

But in the grand scheme of things them making it to the SEC title game means they would have won the east and could argue that he's making progress. I think UcheaT is fickle enough to accept that as a reason to keep in a year longer. If they are on board with celebrating his moral victories over the past few seasons, they would do backflips for a SEC title appearance.

BamaNation All-American

Butch is a lesson in Mediocrity... Be All You Can Be... Isn't much without a great head coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Ole Man Dan View Post
    Butch is a lesson in Mediocrity... Be All You Can Be... Isn't much without a great head coach.
    CORRECTION: Be Almost All You Can Be...and the Championship of Life will be your chit for the rest of it.

BamaNation All-American

According to a stat I saw today, UT has about 15 or 16 returning starters. I think he should be able to win 8 or 9 games and survive.

Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by teamplayer View Post
    According to a stat I saw today, UT has about 15 or 16 returning starters. I think he should be able to win 8 or 9 games and survive.
    Interesting dynamic - 16 returning starters, but the guys gone were playmakers. 16 starters back from a team UA annihilated, that lost to Vandy, needed auburn luck to beat tamu

Also GT returns I think 16 starters, 10 of which ar Seniors, and are a 3 1/2 pt dog in Atlanta - I am probably playing GT as a live dog that Monday Night
    Last edited by PitMaster; July 11th, 2017 at 06:42 PM.

Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football

There's not an option for "I hope so".
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exists, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

FB | BB Moderator

I think he gets terminated this year for not winning big last year. This is a plain and simple rebuild year but after the poor finish last year the natives are restless.
    I owe it to the people to have a signature...so here goes nothing!

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by PitMaster View Post
    Interesting dynamic - 16 returning starters, but the guys gone were playmakers. 16 starters back from a team ua annihilated, that lost to Vandy, needed auburn luck to beat tamu

Also GT returns I think 16 starters, 10 of which ar Seniors, and are a 3 1/2 pt dog in Atlanta - I am probably playing GT as a live dog that Monday Night
    You are absolutely correct about losing play makers. However, he also got rid of a couple of guys who seemed to be team cancers. Then again, you are also absolutely correct that Botch has not prepared his guys consistently. The GT game could certainly build some love that has been lost from the fans. If he loses that game, forget what I said about winning 8 or 9; he's toast. If he wins it, he could again get to 8 or 9.

No arguing fans are getting restless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

Several have mentioned they won 9 while losing to Vanderbilt, but they also lost to USC. Imagine those two losses on the resume when you could be in Atlanta and then on to the Sugar Bowl.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

BamaNation Hall of Fame Redwood Forrest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BAMAVILLE View Post
    That's the stat that's telling. His resume is literately saying that he's beat (almost) everyone that he should have and he hasn't beat the teams that count. Looking at their schedule, they could legitimately lose 8 games. If he loses to the main guys again AND to Vandy, I think he's gone hands-down. I'm thinking making it to the SEC championship will solidify his job for 2018.
    I voted no because Every preseason top 25 poll I have seen (seven of them) has Tennessee Losing to Alabama, Florida, Georgia and LSU. I think 8-4 will be the end of him, but then Tennessee may be getting used to middle of the pack.
    I do not believe in atheists, therefore they do not exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Redwood Forrest View Post
    I voted no because Every preseason top 25 poll I have seen (seven of them) has Tennessee Losing to Alabama, Florida, Georgia and LSU. I think 8-4 will be the end of him, but then Tennessee may be getting used to middle of the pack.
    Their administration doesn't seem like they are gung-ho to make a move like LSU was when they were dealing with Miles. At least with LSU, regardless of how bad they handled it, you can tell that the administration wasn't satisfied with Miles. For some reason, I truly believe UcheaT administration is ok with Jones ... but if he has a lackluster season, they won't be able to not react if the fans and alumni-base calls for a change.

He had one of the best teams talent-wise that UT has had in years and he still finished 3rd in the East ... and if Kentucky didn't falter like they did ... he would have finished 4th. I can't honestly see how they (the administration) can justify that CBJ has the program in a good position.