Poll: Will butch jones Survive? - Page 3

View Poll Results: Will Butch Jone s be in knoxville for 2018?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

24 38.10%
  • No

39 61.90%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Will butch jones Survive?

I think they won't fire him at 9-3 regular season.

2. Advertisement

Isnt it all about Fake News, I thing UcheaT started it with Fat Phil. Looks like Butch wont loose his job. I hope they keep him another 3 years.

BamaNation Third Team

It he doesn't beat us and win the east this season he may be gone. And if he loses to us and Vandy and doesn't win the east then he may as well call the moving company.

Quote Originally Posted by bamamc1 View Post
    I think phat phil was hired to find his replacement.
    Maybe so. But I think the Great Pumpkin will manipulate to take over the program himself before season's end.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by jabcmb View Post
    Maybe so. But I think the Great Pumpkin will manipulate to take over the program himself before season's end.
    Wouldn`t put anything past that snake. Guess I just insulted snakes everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by jabcmb View Post
    Could, if ut opens 2-3 with losses to GT, Florida and UGA - this exact thing happen, ala Orgeron last year?

maybe even at 1-2 after a loss to UF?

BamaNation All-American

Yeah, the collective orange memory is still pretty raw from how last season ended. They are used to finishing an easy end of the schedule with a flourish and fashioning it into "build momentum on that strong finish from last year" even though beating up on traditional final opponents Vandy and Kentucky isn't exactly support for that feeling. Phat Phil did not hesitate to stick a knife in his supposed friend and mentor Johnny Majors' back when he was in the hospital, he sure won't hesitate to get rid of the likes of Butch.

My prediction is that they will take care of Georgia Tech, given extra time in fall camp to prepare for the option, but it may still be a close one. The fans will get all juiced up about how this is their year, then they'll lose to Florida and Georgia. That'll be Phil's opportunity. There will be lots of rumors, the dreaded vote of confidence, and then the next time they get drilled (USCe, Alabama, and LSU are all still lurking at that point, not to mention UK and VU), Butch will find his stuff on the street in a cardboard box. Beating Florida and Georgia gets him a contract extension; one or the other might save his job, if they are otherwise competitive.
    Roll Tide

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by Tideflyer View Post
    Wouldn`t put anything past that snake. Guess I just insulted snakes everywhere.
    Never insult the name of Kenny Stabler like that again.

And as the old joke goes, "why hasn't Phil Fulmer ever been bitten by a poisonous snake? Professional courtesy...."

I am starting to think tech will win

BamaNation All-American

Barring a total collapse, I think they keep him. The UT AD saw what happened at LSU last year. so I'd be surprised if he is canned this year. That is, if he can get to 8 wins. If not all bets are off. I still think the problem is who is going to come to Knoxville. The athletic dept is in debt up to it eyeballs, the facilities are not top flite, the fan base has unrealistic expectations, and they have no natural recruiting base(there are just not many good players that close to Knoxville).

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaJama17's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PitMaster View Post
    Interesting dynamic - 16 returning starters, but the guys gone were playmakers. 16 starters back from a team UA annihilated, that lost to Vandy, needed auburn luck to beat tamu

Also GT returns I think 16 starters, 10 of which ar Seniors, and are a 3 1/2 pt dog in Atlanta - I am probably playing GT as a live dog that Monday Night
    Tennessee did not beat A&M. They lost in OT.

As polling places are starting to report, it appears that about two-thirds of this board think Butch Jones Is Dead Man Walking

I think with Fulmer getting so close to the job again, he's in deep trouble.

On the other hand, they may not be able to afford to fire him.
    RTR