Poll: Will butch jones Survive?

Will Butch Jone s be in knoxville for 2018?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015
He is shouting at everyone that ut has won 9 games 3 years in a row and 3 straight bowl games. But they have not won the east, and he is 0-8 for The Sec West - 4 to Bama, also ole miss, lsu, arkansas and tamu

If ut posts similar numbers this year, will he survive?

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
The only way Botch survives a marginal season is if they cannot convince a halfway competent coach to replace him. Even die-hard Vol fans can't deal with the "Champions of Life" and "5-star hearts" nonsense.

Of course, they couldn't find anyone competent last time, which is why they're stuck with him now.

Last edited:

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
He is shouting at everyone that ut has won 9 games 3 years in a row and 3 straight bowl games. But they have not won the east, and he is 0-8 for The Sec West - 4 to Bama, also ole miss, lsu, arkansas and tamu

If ut posts similar numbers this year, will he survive?
That's the stat that's telling. His resume is literately saying that he's beat (almost) everyone that he should have and he hasn't beat the teams that count. Looking at their schedule, they could legitimately lose 8 games. If he loses to the main guys again AND to Vandy, I think he's gone hands-down. I'm thinking making it to the SEC championship will solidify his job for 2018.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
First, you spelled Botch incorrectly in the thread title.

Second, no - he will eventually fired. Maybe not this season, but he will be. He's not a good coach, but I hope they keep him forever.

Last edited:

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
I think phat phil was hired to find his replacement.
Or poor Shoopy's - after he gets called back to Penn State to work off his indentured servitude...Wonder what kind of buyout you've got at UcheaT when your defense gives up 2,200 yards over three games?

UntouchableCrew

All-SEC
Nov 30, 2015
I think he survives a 9-3 regular season, but he'll need a marquee win and can't afford a "bad" loss.

Like, 9-3 with wins over Florida and LSU or UGA. Can't lose to Vandy again.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I'm sure they beat GT, but that would be the kind of loss that easily derails their season and causes him to get fired in week three.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Losing to us twice probably won't help his cause.
haha thats true lol

But in the grand scheme of things them making it to the SEC title game means they would have won the east and could argue that he's making progress. I think UcheaT is fickle enough to accept that as a reason to keep in a year longer. If they are on board with celebrating his moral victories over the past few seasons, they would do backflips for a SEC title appearance.

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015
According to a stat I saw today, UT has about 15 or 16 returning starters. I think he should be able to win 8 or 9 games and survive.
Interesting dynamic - 16 returning starters, but the guys gone were playmakers. 16 starters back from a team UA annihilated, that lost to Vandy, needed auburn luck to beat tamu

Also GT returns I think 16 starters, 10 of which ar Seniors, and are a 3 1/2 pt dog in Atlanta - I am probably playing GT as a live dog that Monday Night

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.