Poll: Will butch jones Survive?

Will Butch Jone s be in knoxville for 2018?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
Band director, hah! Already a proven disciplinarian booting Johnny F. Football out of the Manning Academy - though that could clash with UcheaT's ambitions for returning to the gloried and storied run of the Fulmer Cup...

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Butch will be gone and - you're not going to like this - if Peyton wants the job he will be coach in 2018. I just don't know if he wants the job.
If anything, I could see Phil pushing for Tee Martin to get the job. No clue why they would hire Peyton.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
If anything, I could see Phil pushing for Tee Martin to get the job. No clue why they would hire Peyton.

Martin is actually a coach. Hiring someone with zero coaching experience to run an SEC team would be an epic disaster.

tlockwood

1st Team
Dec 15, 2000
Hephzibah, Ga
I think he is gone this year barring a miracle. If he loses to Tech, look for Fat Phil to start making a move to get back on the sidelines.

Manning won't be the next coach there. First time coaches typically do not fair well in the SEC. Tee Martin is an interesting thought, though.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Fulmer will turn 67 on September 1. I think if they hire him back it will go as well as the guy he backstabbed's return to Pitt.

Which would be fine with me.

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
Why would I care if someone who has zero coaching experience takes over the job at tennessee?
If Peyton were to take the job--which is a reach--he would almost certainly be a CEO-type HC who delegates a LOT to the assistants (Tee Martin at OC, for instance). If they assembled the right staff, it could jump start the program, provided that Peyton brings with him a recruiting boost.

It would definitely be a Hail Mary type thing, but if they have to can Botch this year, they may feel that the potential is worth the risk.

RollinTider1335

All-SEC
Jun 12, 2010
Spring Hill, TN
He is shouting at everyone that ut has won 9 games 3 years in a row and 3 straight bowl games. But they have not won the east, and he is 0-8 for The Sec West - 4 to Bama, also ole miss, lsu, arkansas and tamu

If ut posts similar numbers this year, will he survive?
But, he's a champion of life!!!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.