Will Ogeron Last?? As relates to The Guice Comments

How will Ogeron leave the bayou?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
It's obvious that he's a very good recruiter. He's always done a good job in that area.
I heard an interview on Sirius College Sports yesterday where he said that one of his top priority's was to "keep Alabama out of Louisiana because they've been coming in and stealing some of our best players".
He followed up with, "If we can't do that then we can't win championships...and we're here to win championships".
So he's going to give it every ounce of effort he has and I respect that, but I don't think he has even a long term chance of supplanting Bama in the West as long as Saban is our coach. His X's and O's leave a bit to be desired.
But I live amongst thousands of LSU fans and they truly want their coach to have a kind of cocky attitude. Miles didn't have that and they resented it.
Cajuns are straightforward and direct. Orgeron fits their culture and as long as he's winning nine or ten a year I think he'll be their guy.

Last edited:

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
Are the Guice comments from yesterday, affirming his earlier statements about Bama D playing "Scared" maybe more revealing than it looks on the surface?

I think that ultimately lack of disciplne and a reckless manner will wreck Ogeron. Guice made his comments months ago, and in bringing him to The Ham, one would have thought it prudent that he and the players be prepped to provide a serious, non-provoking response to a question about those comments. Instead, Guice just said the same stuff again.

Remember the ridiculous stuff surrounding the Florida game last year, and the lsu trash talking on the field prior, leading to Fournette deciding to take himself off the "out due to injury" list? Bizarre situation

And the petty move by Ogeron regarding the satelite camps?

Big Ogre is not, in my mind, cutting a very splendid figure as King on the Bayou. I think reckless decisions and questionable discipline in the program will sink the guy.
Amen. If I could describe Coach O with one word it would be undisciplined teams.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
Can someone put up some stats to show how great Coach O is in recruiting? I have never seen any evidence of it and even now Tennessee and Blotch Jones are out doing him on 24/7.

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw
Honestly, we didn't sell out to stop the run. Our defense was good enough to not to sell out. We had safety to creep in to plug in any gap on the defense. CBs rarely blitzed and so.. really it was a team play of Foster, Hamilton and others.
Can someone put up some stats to show how great Coach O is in recruiting? I have never seen any evidence of it and even now Tennessee and Blotch Jones are out doing him on 24/7.
​He out recruited Saban in "The Blind Side"

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
In 2004, he was named the National Recruiter of the Year while at USC. I remember Ole Miss fans were thrilled about it because it showed how well he could recruit and what it meant for them when he arrived.

247 does a recruiter ranking for each year. O's ranking for each year since 2010 (first year at USC with Lane):

2010 - 33
2011 - 4
2012 - no rankings found
2013 - 5

2015 - 81 in the SEC (going to attribute this to being just hired)
2016 - 23

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.