SEC rule changes: Coaches who argue on field, players who run and leap risk penalty

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
This is just stupid. They have the sideline penalty. Call it. No reason for a jump right to 15 yards.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Not to worry. CNS will get one of these at just the right time to "fire up" the defense. As usual, he'll use the rules to his advantage.

FWIW, I agree with the rule change on jumping the line to block kicks. It's a legit safety issue.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Another rule change to try to lift up the fallen. Neither rule is good.
Refs are adding rules so they can make a bigger contribution in the outcome of tight games.
If a game's not settled on the field of play... THAT'S BAD FOOTBALL

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
I immediately thought of the home court technical foul in college basketball when I read that. Puts the dagger in momentum or the nails in the coffin of a comeback.

Why don't we just realistically enforce the rules we have already, like offensive pass interference ;) ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015
So, they cannot correctly call offensive PI, pick plays, offensive linemen downfield - but they are worried about this??

of course, if you listen to steve shaw, his guys always make the correct call :rolleyes:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.