Link: Alabama down to 85 man roster

bodiddle

All-SEC
May 14, 2006
Well the linked article in post #1 says a blueshirt can play the fall they enroll but the article in post #2 says a blueshirt cannot play the fall they enroll. If I remember correctly CNS stated we would have a kicker this fall (meaning Bulovas) which would indicate they can play this fall.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
n short, they are not yet on scholarship but will be in the fall as long as the total number is 85. Their signings will count towards the 2018 class. Parks too will count towards 2018 (meaning only 22 signees for this next class), but he cannot enroll until January 2018. There is a possibility that he could blueshirt as well if the Tide loses one more scholarship player before Fall. This scenario actually occurred to starting center Bradley Bozeman. He was initially asked to grayshirt but when someone left the program, he was bumped up to the fall enrollment.
If one more player left the team before the start of the camp......

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
https://www.rollbamaroll.com/2017/7...way-to-85-man-roster-2017-blueshirt-grayshirt

There's getting to be too many different colored shirts to explain eligibility.

I don't follow this as close as many do, so I've never even heard of a blue shirt.
My understanding is a blue shirt can play as long as they were not recruited and will not be on scholarship (pay their own way) until the following year. I don't the exact definition of "not recruited". I believe the FG kicker can play as a blueshirt this year and not count toward the 85.

bodiddle

All-SEC
May 14, 2006
My understanding is a blue shirt can play as long as they were not recruited and will not be on scholarship (pay their own way) until the following year. I don't the exact definition of "not recruited". I believe the FG kicker can play as a blueshirt this year and not count toward the 85.
If they are paying their on way, I don't believe they are a blue shirt. They are just a walk-on.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.