Mercedes-Benz Stadium "Fan First Menu Pricing" - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football

Re: Mercedes-Benz Stadium "Fan First Menu Pricing"

I remember going to Jerry's World in 2012 to watch us curb stomp Meeechigan. After paying for the tickets, parking and the little concessions I got. I felt like I was taken into the boiler room in Shaw Shank and violated by the Sisterhood.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exists, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

2. Advertisement
    Football and Basketball Moderator

To add some more, I think Blank is on the leading edge of a change in how this whole game day experience works at major athletic events. There is so much live sports out there on television and nobody wants to feel like they're being hustled by going to the see the game in person. I think ticket prices will get pricier but still manageable for many people but the in-stadium experience will be far more hospitable.
    I owe it to the people to have a signature...so here goes nothing!

The Augusta National has been low balling food prices at the Master's Golf Tournament forever. You can eat lunch including drink for $3 or $4 and on top of that the food is good. It really adds to the perception of the Master"s being a very classy event.

If hot dogs were about $4 at the Dome and are now $2 at the new stadium, how many would you need to eat to make up the $50 increase in the ticket price?
    This and the PSL, just to have the "rights" to but your Falcons season tickets, are the reasons he is the billionaire.

Quote Originally Posted by Atl Joe View Post
    If hot dogs were about $4 at the Dome and are now $2 at the new stadium, how many would you need to eat to make up the $50 increase in the ticket price?
    This and the PSL, just to have the "rights" to but your Falcons season tickets, are the reasons he is the billionaire.
    He spent a Billion dollars on the Eye bowl and tore down a perfectly good dome. He is really raping the fans over the PSL. I would hate it for Falcon fans if they hit the bottom this year after last years performace. But it would not bother me one bit if Blank took it in shorts.

Quote Originally Posted by bama2112 View Post
    He spent a Billion dollars on the Eye bowl and tore down a perfectly good dome. He is really raping the fans over the PSL. I would hate it for Falcon fans if they hit the bottom this year after last years performace. But it would not bother me one bit if Blank took it in shorts.
    If the history of the NFC South is consistent and they do not repeat, ticket sales will tank again.
    They are coming off a Super Bowl appearance (although an historic one for the wrong reasons) and opening a new stadium and they have still not sold out all their season tickets. That is NOT good. I used to be a season ticket holder and Blank is the reason I am no longer one.
    Last edited by Atl Joe; July 13th, 2017 at 06:25 AM.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Redwood Forrest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Elefantman View Post
    I bet they find that the concessions revenues will end up equaling or exceeding those from other venues. Most people spend more when they think they are getting a good deal.
    Yes! When I go to a local football game I buy at least three bags of popcorn during the game. At the college I buy one, if any. The same with hotdogs. The high school is making less profit but more money. Or as the manager of a local restaurant told me, "I am making money of coffee now." He lowered his price on coffee from $2.89 to 1.29. "I was lucky to sell ten cups a day. Now I sell well over a hundred.
    I do not believe in atheists, therefore they do not exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Redwood Forrest View Post
    Yes! When I go to a local football game I buy at least three bags of popcorn during the game. At the college I buy one, if any. The same with hotdogs. The high school is making less profit but more money.
    Just a reminder - both make money, which then goes to groups. The volunteers at the concession stands in BDS get the money made off that stand. Same goes for a high school game. I know the Prattville band and athlete parents work the concession stands to make money for the band and the athletic association.

Or as the manager of a local restaurant told me, "I am making money of coffee now." He lowered his price on coffee from $2.89 to 1.29. "I was lucky to sell ten cups a day. Now I sell well over a hundred.
    He must just have some bad coffee. (partly joking)

Know a manager at the Montgomery Coke plant and a guy that runs a well known restaurant in Montgomery. Both have told me the money is mainly made off drinks. That medium sized drink you get with your fast food order is worth less than a quarter, but you pay about $1.25 or more for it. That's how places are paying for employees.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

That's great . Cant wait for the game , I'm excited...RTR
    " I THOUGHT THIS MUST BE WHAT GOD LOOKS LIKE."

GEORGE BLANDA
    in talking about Coach Paul Bryant

Alabama is 2- and 3-deep all over the place with full grown, meaner-than-he!! men. It's almost not fair making college kids play against them. Any Saban-coached team is going to be deep as he!! with recruits that have elite size, strength and experience at their position and they are going to play with incredible physicality.

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States

Wish I could go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I was a guest at Yankee Stadium on Sunday in the club corporate seats and four of us in the seats the cost was $93 for a chicken parmigiana sandwich, garlic fries, Italian sausage sandwich with chips, 2 foot long hot dogs with chips, French fries, two mixed drinks, and a mega beer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Send me up some Pibb Extra and Golden Flake potato chips please

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson1967 View Post
    If I ran a team I'd have free parking in team owned lots and tack an extra couple bucks on every ticket to pay for it. That way nobody notices they "paid" to park, even if they don't own a car. Plus everyone who did drive and parked in my lot has an extra $10-$12 in cash in hand to spend inside.

I spend a small fortune purchasing the most expensive tickets to the local NHL team for clients, and not only do I throw in a premium parking pass, but I also load $$ onto the tickets [barcodes] so that they can enjoy the concessions.

As many on here have posted, I don't want clients grudgingly reaching into their wallets to have to shell out for ridiculously overpriced beer etc.

Yeah it costs me, but as rgw states above, I don't want them feeling like they're getting hustled...

So yes, I'm likin' this "Fan First Menu" idea.

For a multitude of reasons...
    Last edited by Rush; July 14th, 2017 at 12:38 PM.
    "I have never understood why it is 'greed' to want to keep the money you have earned but not greed to want to take the money someone else has earned.

- Thomas Sowell

Drink prices when you eat out have gotten ridiculous. I just get water now as a glass of tea will set you back $2.50 at least at some places.

And you order a drink before you even see a menu, so you don't know what it costs until you get the check.