Mercedes-Benz Stadium "Fan First Menu Pricing"

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Yes! When I go to a local football game I buy at least three bags of popcorn during the game. At the college I buy one, if any. The same with hotdogs. The high school is making less profit but more money.
Just a reminder - both make money, which then goes to groups. The volunteers at the concession stands in BDS get the money made off that stand. Same goes for a high school game. I know the Prattville band and athlete parents work the concession stands to make money for the band and the athletic association.

Or as the manager of a local restaurant told me, "I am making money of coffee now." He lowered his price on coffee from $2.89 to 1.29. "I was lucky to sell ten cups a day. Now I sell well over a hundred.
He must just have some bad coffee. (partly joking)

Know a manager at the Montgomery Coke plant and a guy that runs a well known restaurant in Montgomery. Both have told me the money is mainly made off drinks. That medium sized drink you get with your fast food order is worth less than a quarter, but you pay about $1.25 or more for it. That's how places are paying for employees.

Vinny

Hall of Fame
Sep 27, 2001
Rockaway, NJ
I was a guest at Yankee Stadium on Sunday in the club corporate seats and four of us in the seats the cost was $93 for a chicken parmigiana sandwich, garlic fries, Italian sausage sandwich with chips, 2 foot long hot dogs with chips, French fries, two mixed drinks, and a mega beer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
If I ran a team I'd have free parking in team owned lots and tack an extra couple bucks on every ticket to pay for it. That way nobody notices they "paid" to park, even if they don't own a car. Plus everyone who did drive and parked in my lot has an extra $10-$12 in cash in hand to spend inside.

I spend a small fortune purchasing the most expensive tickets to the local NHL team for clients, and not only do I throw in a premium parking pass, but I also load $$ onto the tickets [barcodes] so that they can enjoy the concessions.

As many on here have posted, I don't want clients grudgingly reaching into their wallets to have to shell out for ridiculously overpriced beer etc.

Yeah it costs me, but as rgw states above, I don't want them feeling like they're getting hustled...

So yes, I'm likin' this "Fan First Menu" idea.

For a multitude of reasons...

Last edited:

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Drink prices when you eat out have gotten ridiculous. I just get water now as a glass of tea will set you back $2.50 at least at some places.

And you order a drink before you even see a menu, so you don't know what it costs until you get the check.

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015
Drink prices when you eat out have gotten ridiculous. I just get water now as a glass of tea will set you back $2.50 at least at some places.

And you order a drink before you even see a menu, so you don't know what it costs until you get the check.

Restaurants are a tough business - and drinks are a high profit item for restaurants, movie theaters, convienence stores, etc. If the business is trying to make a FAIR profit, which is the purpose - then I fine with it. You always have the option for free water.

BUT I do not give The University the benefit of the doubt. I saw a case of Dasani for 5.99 at a local gas station - for UA to sell that case to fans for $120 is criminal in my estimation - especially for the hot early games.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa

I haven't ordered anything other than water in a restaurant in 15 years. The prices are too crazy. I typically go home and enjoy an after dinner beverage.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
I wonder what the prices are like at the Titans Stadium in Nashville. I'm going to see Manchester City play football aka soccer there at the end of the month. As the game starts at 5pm CT I'll probably have a late lunch and not worry about concessions.

dvil doc

1st Team
Dec 3, 2014
Northern Virginia
Stadium concession prices are driven by local and state taxes. If the above price board will be the same on game day, and I doubt it will, the owner will take it in the shorts. I'm sure he has a reason to take a loss in this facet of the business.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.