Mercedes-Benz Stadium "Fan First Menu Pricing"
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Mercedes-Benz Stadium "Fan First Menu Pricing"

For those heading to the Florida State game, you're going to pay less for concessions than in you would have if the game was in the Dome.

(picture from Darren Rovell)
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

2. Advertisement
    Football and Basketball Moderator

Re: Mercedes-Benz Stadium "Fan First Menu Pricing"

Kudos to Arthur Blank for making this decision. Recoup the cost on the ticket, not the food.
    I owe it to the people to have a signature...so here goes nothing!

The 1980s called. They want their sign back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football

Good on him. It's absolutely ridiculous the prices of concessions at sporting events (FBS level and Pro's). I took two of my boys to a Texas Rangers game last weekend. The concession prices are unreal. I applaud Mr. Blank.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exists, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

a friend was telling me about this the other day. pretty cool
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they donít have to worry about the answers.

ó Thomas Pynchon

BamaNation All-American Elefantman's Avatar

I bet they find that the concessions revenues will end up equaling or exceeding those from other venues. Most people spend more when they think they are getting a good deal.
    "I'm a loner. And a loner has got to be alone"
    Jesse

Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football

Quote Originally Posted by Elefantman View Post
    I bet they find that the concessions revenues will end up equaling or exceeding those from other venues. Most people spend more when they think they are getting a good deal.
    You also stop encouraging people to sneak stuff in. As you said, if people think they're getting a good deal they'll just buy from the concessions.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exists, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

Quote Originally Posted by Elefantman View Post
    Bingo.

Ticket prices went up a little, but people will be willing to pay that knowing they aren't paying as much for concessions.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

Football and Basketball Moderator

I'd rather pay 150 up front than pay 100 and feel like the venue is hustling me for the other 50 the entire time.

Even if I end up spending 15-20 bucks on concessions for the two in this system, it just feels less antagonistic.
    I owe it to the people to have a signature...so here goes nothing!

Gregg Byrne, are you listening?

BamaNation All-American CrimsonNagus's Avatar

Those are some good prices. You could order one of everything on that menu for $39, love the refillable cups! Those prices look to be at least half what the prices were at A-day in BDS.
    The poster formerly known as RollTide1017

BamaNation All-American

Was at the Dome for the Washington game. It was rainy and chilly. We decided to just eat concessions in the Dome. A bad and costly decision. We ate the equivalent of lunch there, and would have had dinner, but it was far too pricey, especially for the quality. Huzzah for whomever made this decision. Hope it starts a trend.
    Roll Tide

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    Bingo.

Ticket prices went up a little, but people will be willing to pay that knowing they aren't paying as much for concessions.
    If I ran a team I'd have free parking in team owned lots and tack an extra couple bucks on every ticket to pay for it. That way nobody notices they "paid" to park, even if they don't own a car. Plus everyone who did drive and parked in my lot has an extra $10-$12 in cash in hand to spend inside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk