The US could have killed Kim Jong Un on July 4 - and made sure he knew it

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Rodger Baker, the lead Asia Pacific and South Asia analyst at geopolitical consulting firm Stratfor, told Business Insider that, while refraining from striking before the missile launch is standard, the important part of this strategy was to send a message.

“The unusual aspect may be saying they were watching, or at least allowing that to leak,” Baker told the outlet.

The message is loud and clear, according to Baker, who said that the U.S. is telling North Korea there’s “no need to continue” the missile program, but that “if the program is continued” the U.S. has shown it’s willing and capable to “strike it and Kim.”

Not striking falls in line with Secretary of State Rex Tillerson’s desire “to bring Kim Jong Un to his senses, not his knees.”
http://www.theblaze.com/?p=1354702

GreatMarch

All-SEC
Dec 10, 2010
Birmingham, AL
The first thing that came to my mind was having Bin Laden in our cross hairs and not taking the shot. Hope that this one does not come back to bite us.

I would even go so far as to say that I would not be surprised that North Korea doesn't release a picture of Trump at an event taken by a North Korean spy here in the US just to say "anything that you can do, we can do as well".

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
The first thing that came to my mind was having Bin Laden in our cross hairs and not taking the shot. Hope that this one does not come back to bite us.

I would even go so far as to say that I would not be surprised that North Korea doesn't release a picture of Trump at an event taken by a Russian spy here in the US just to say "anything that you can do, we can do as well".
fixed

GreatMarch

All-SEC
Dec 10, 2010
Birmingham, AL
Okay. North Korean, Russian, or Iranian spy. All of whom are operating within our country at the moment.

Honest question, why do some people on this board take a person's post, change the wording and then imply that is what the person was saying? I know that I have done it on the football board making a joke in regards to Auburn or UT but I do not recall ever doing it on non sports where the subject matter is a little more serious.

OMG, I sound like a professor and I just said that there is a subject more important than football on tidefans.com! I might have to see you guys after my 30 day suspension.

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
The assassination of foreign leaders is illegal. Executive Order 12333 signed by President Gerald Ford.

Decent article on the subject::

https://www.bc.edu/content/dam/files/schools/law/lawreviews/journals/bciclr/26_1/01_FMS.htm

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Okay. North Korean, Russian, or Iranian spy. All of whom are operating within our country at the moment.

Honest question, why do some people on this board take a person's post, change the wording and then imply that is what the person was saying? I know that I have done it on the football board making a joke in regards to Auburn or UT but I do not recall ever doing it on non sports where the subject matter is a little more serious.

OMG, I sound like a professor and I just said that there is a subject more important than football on tidefans.com! I might have to see you guys after my 30 day suspension.
This is a rhetorical question, right? ;)

CajunCrimson

Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
The assassination of foreign leaders is illegal. Executive Order 12333 signed by President Gerald Ford.

Decent article on the subject::

https://www.bc.edu/content/dam/files/schools/law/lawreviews/journals/bciclr/26_1/01_FMS.htm

I guess it depends on your definition of Assassination.....

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/07/10/a-po...reas-kim-wont-disarm-memories-of-gadhafi.html

Gadhafi was beaten and killed after he was chased down by rebel soldiers on October 20, 2011. His convoy had been bombed and scattered by U.S. and French airstrikes only moments earlier. Gadhafi holds the unfortunate (for him) distinction of being the only Middle Eastern national leader who was killed during the Arab Spring.

U.S. President Barack Obama has called his failure to plan for the consequences of Gadhafi's downfall the worst mistake of his presidency. But he has said he still believes military intervention was the "right thing to do".

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
The assassination of foreign leaders by US forces is illegal. In wartime anything goes of course.
One of my main goals in life is to provide amusement to my fellow man.:)

You're right Cajun. It does depend on the definition of assassination.

Good point about North Korea having nukes to avoid Kim Fat One from becoming another Gadaffi. Iran wants nukes to avoid becoming another Iraq.

Last edited:

pcfixup

Suspended
Feb 2, 2005
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
The assassination of foreign leaders by US forces is illegal. In wartime anything goes of course.

Good point about North Korea having nukes to avoid Kim Fat One from becoming another Gadaffi. Iran wants nukes to avoid becoming another Iraq.
North Korea wants nukes so China can conquer South Korea and Japan. Iran wants to take out Israel and Saudi Arabia.

CajunCrimson

Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La

So we can't shoot him with a gun or poison his tea -- but we can bomb his convoy and let other people kill him while he runs down the street unprotected.... (ah) - I get it now. ;)

There is a fine line.....

Last edited:

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
Cajun, you silly fella, If Gadaffi had been killed in the convoy bombing, it would have been an accident. :wink:

NATO said they didn't know Gadaffi was in the convoy. French jets bombed the convoy. The US used a Predator drone to shoot one measly missile.

Why you always blame America first?

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
This discussion is moot because we all know Trump would never do anything illegal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.