Board Game Thread

Aledinho

All-SEC
Feb 22, 2007
I thought I would see if there were any board game enthusiast.

We were playing Corporate America

It's a tongue in cheek game where the object is to have the most money at the end of the game. You'll earn money with the various corporations you own. There is a wall street phase where you start your businesses, main street phase were the business profit based on consumption of the populace, and a campaign phase where you can run for president. The person with the most money invested in the campaign wins the election. The president can then enact three pieces of legislation.

My friend is running for president in the campaign phase, and I tell him I'll donate 10 million to his campaign if he promises to enact a certain law. With my ten million dollars he wins; he enacts the legislation; I then gain $25 million because of the law. The game teaches everything you need to know about the American political system. Everything else is just trivia questions. :)

CaliforniaTide

All-American
Aug 9, 2006
Huntsville, AL
My wife and I, and our friends, like to play Splendor, any version of Catan, Ticket to Ride and BANG! We also purchased the Oregon Trail card game, and it is just as hard as the old computer game.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
We're planning on getting a few more games soon for our group of friends like Catan. Not a board game but we play Cards Against Humanity & Exploding Kittens a lot.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
We're planning on getting a few more games soon for our group of friends like Catan. Not a board game but we play Cards Against Humanity & Exploding Kittens a lot.
If you like those two try Joking Hazard from Cyanide and Happiness, we like it better than Cards Against Humanity which we also love. Haven't tried Exploding Kittens yet but love The Oatmeal

https://store.explosm.net/products/joking-hazard-1

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
There's a board game bar near us that has hundreds of card and board games for patrons to play. I'm actually not a huge fan of Catan, but we've found quite a few great games at this place. Here's a few off the top of my head:

3+ people games:
Pandemic
Mysterium
TIME Stories
The Grizzled
Hanabi

2-person games:
7 Wonders Duel
Targi

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
If you like those two try Joking Hazard from Cyanide and Happiness, we like it better than Cards Against Humanity which we also love. Haven't tried Exploding Kittens yet but love The Oatmeal

https://store.explosm.net/products/joking-hazard-1
We did try that one out at GT South in Montgomery & liked it a lot. It's on our list to buy now. Have been waiting to catch a nice set on ebay at a decent price.

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
Us old folks played Risk, Chinese Checkers, Monopoly, Parcheesi, Scrabble and a few others I can't remember. Never heard of the games ya'll talking about.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Your age is showing...................

(You forgot Stratego, but that last time I played that was when my step-brother was in middle school.)

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
Your age is showing...................

(You forgot Stratego, but that last time I played that was when my step-brother was in middle school.)
We bought a copy of Stratego last year so that I could trounce the wife a few times.

Aledinho

All-SEC
Feb 22, 2007
Monopoly was invented to demonstrate the evils of capitalism. BBC

Under the ‘Prosperity’ set of rules, every player gained each time someone acquired a new property (designed to reflect George’s policy of taxing the value of land), and the game was won (by all!) when the player who had started out with the least money had doubled it. Under the ‘Monopolist’ set of rules, in contrast, players got ahead by acquiring properties and collecting rent from all those who were unfortunate enough to land there – and whoever managed to bankrupt the rest emerged as the sole winner (sound a little familiar?)
This is the most American game ever.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.