What Happened When Walmart Left

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
WalMart bailing out is a symptom of a much larger problem, not the problem itself.

On a broader scale, read The White Ghetto, an article that originally appeared in the National Review.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/367903/white-ghetto-kevin-d-williamson

It's a long read, but well worth the effort. The most heartbreaking for me was why the majority of parents pull their LD children out of free reading classes.

For an even broader treatment, read Hillbilly Elegy by J.D. Vance.

Last edited:

lowend

All-SEC
Feb 20, 2005
One of the little contained mysteries:

(She drives many miles to buy him mass-produced cage eggs.)

I was at least 13 years old before I ate anything other than a fresh-laid egg from the backyard. Hell, my wife drives down to one of our producers' markets weekly to buy fresh-laid eggs. What kind of thinking is this?? It makes as much sense as the guy who owns 140 firearms and bought one for $775 in the parking lot and sounded like he'd hit the lottery...
Same kind of people that live in rusted out single wides, but have four satellite dishes, a boat, an ATV, and a nice truck. People with a poverty mindset only think about the hear & now -- instant gratification. You save up a little and then you spend it.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.