Don't forget about BJ Emmons (Ok, You Can Now - He's Transferring)

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
Re: Don't forget about BJ Emmons

in his Unit ranking of the #1 Running Back Unit, Phil Steele projects Emmons as the #4 back. Notes that this is the first time in 7 years that Bama has not had to replace a RB that rushed for 875+ yards the previous year.

IMALOYAL1

All-American
Oct 28, 2000
Birmingham AL

in his Unit ranking of the #1 Running Back Unit, Phil Steele projects Emmons as the #4 back. Notes that this is the first time in 7 years that Bama has not had to replace a RB that rushed for 875+ yards the previous year.
It shows how deep and talented we are at the running back position.

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama

I actually think the X-Factor here is Bo. He's been so injury prone and I can't help but wonder if the coaches limit his touches. Then again, you can't save him for just big games.

But just thinking out loud - say Bo is limited and Robinson is either redshirted or limited to special teams - the rotation becomes much easier to envision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMALOYAL1

All-American
Oct 28, 2000
Birmingham AL

Bring back the wishbone.
Too many good receivers to limit the offense. The blocking scheme for the O'line would be another problem, plus kids love to play in a "Pro Style" offense. I'm sure most are just saying that because of our wealth of talented running backs.
Our recruiting would drop dramatically if we went to that offense.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA

Too many good receivers to limit the offense. The blocking scheme for the O'line would be another problem, plus kids love to play in a "Pro Style" offense. I'm sure most are just saying that because of our wealth of talented running backs.
Our recruiting would drop dramatically if we went to that offense.
There is no way a defense can double cover a receiver in a wishbone offense. Do and they will run you out of the stadium.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

If we could get somewhat proficient with it, a suprise wishbone formation can be a devastating thing. Remember Ga State?

I think we could come up with three backs to run it, and Jalen might not be a bad wishbone QB.
Wasn't that Georgia Southern...? :cool2:

JaxTider

Suspended
Jan 10, 2017

There is no way a defense can double cover a receiver in a wishbone offense. Do and they will run
you out of the stadium.
I was talking about running it in spots. Maybe 10 plays a game or so. Just to keep the D discombobulated.

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com

I didn't know if he would make it back from that Injury but when he stayed through spring and into summer and I started reading reports he had bulked up I knew he had come through the injury. Before that he had been used similarly to Roy Upchurch, which when utilized nobody had an answer for in 2009. This guy is bigger and stronger than Upchurch. Appears to have the same pass catching gift and better running skills. I don't know about speed upchurch could scoot as well.

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama

I know CNS has said he doesn't want two rbs on the field in the past but I bet we see a lot more of that with Daboll calling plays.

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL

I didn't know if he would make it back from that Injury but when he stayed through spring and into summer and I started reading reports he had bulked up I knew he had come through the injury. Before that he had been used similarly to Roy Upchurch, which when utilized nobody had an answer for in 2009. This guy is bigger and stronger than Upchurch. Appears to have the same pass catching gift and better running skills. I don't know about speed upchurch could scoot as well.

HELENKELLERMRI

1st Team
Apr 19, 2008
The Shoals

BREAKING: BJ Emmons has transferred from Alabama. Where he's enrolled is inside | seccountry.com/alabama/breaki…

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.