Don't forget about BJ Emmons (Ok, You Can Now - He's Transferring)

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Yup, I wish him luck! I view this as a positive b/c D. Harris and Bo likely leave after this season meaning Jacobs and Najee are ahead of him.

I look at this meaning Bo and Harris are 1 and 1A, Jacobs is 2 and Najee is 3. Therefore Bo sees about 12 carries, Harris about 12 carries, Jacobs about 10 and Najee about 6 in mop up. Can't wait to see a fresh Bo in the 4th Q. D's will have no chance.
I can't see Najee doing "mop up" duty anywhere. He's too good. I'll say he backs up Bo, or he'll be part of a pretty consistent four back rotation.
Coach is going to keep them fresh this season in my humble opinion.

Last edited:

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
I can't see Najee doing "mop up" duty anywhere. He's too good. I'll say he backs up Bo, or he'll be part of a pretty consistent four back rotation.
Coach is going to keep them fresh this season in my humble opinion.
Yeah, I agree ... I'm thinking everyone is going to get good touches unless its a blowout or someone fumbles. Bo will be the 4th quarter back for good reason. But everyone will get good touches I'm sure.

Harmost

All-American
Sep 19, 2005
Can't blame Emmons. Really a testament to what we have, because he's a good one.

Robinson's a bummer though; don't want to lose any DBs, and he seemed to be key depth, at the very least.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Can't blame Emmons. Really a testament to what we have, because he's a good one.

Robinson's a bummer though; don't want to lose any DBs, and he seemed to be key depth, at the very least.
Agree, hate to see BJ leave, but it`s an easy one to understand. Robinson, not so much. Lettered last year ( played in 13 games ), position of need, etc., etc. Don`t understand this one. Is it explained anywhere?

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Yep, I'd be mildly surprised if we didn't lose at least one more, just too many good backs and only one football. That said, I hate to see Emmons go, tough runner and solid reciever,,, everything you need in a third down back and plenty good enough for other usage as well. I guess that means we'll see more of Jacobs in that situation.
We now have 5 on scholarship. 2 are true freshmen and they are not going anywhere. Bo, Damien and Josh are not going anywhere either so I don't see any more transfers. 5 is a good number.

bodiddle

All-SEC
May 14, 2006
Hate to see him go, but I understand he wants playing time.

Now that it's official it's time to plan to fill those scholarships.
I may be incorrect but I don't think we can. A school can only sign 25 incoming per year and carryovers from prior years. We have already signed 26 in the 2017 class consisting of 25 for 2017 and one carryover from prior years. I believe that is all we can sign for 2017 because it appears that we don't have any more carryovers from prior years. I am basing the belief that we are at our limit for 2017 on CNS's comment stating that we were full for 2017. That is the reason we could not sign Parks. These schollys could be given to some deserving walkons.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
I may be incorrect but I don't think we can. A school can only sign 25 incoming per year and carryovers from prior years. We have already signed 26 in the 2017 class consisting of 25 for 2017 and one carryover from prior years. I believe that is all we can sign for 2017 because it appears that we don't have any more carryovers from prior years. I am basing the belief that we are at our limit for 2017 on CNS's comment stating that we were full for 2017. That is the reason we could not sign Parks. These schollys could be given to some deserving walkons.
There is a simple answer to this. Get a "kid" who wants to play at Alabama, give him a microphone and TV camera, have his Mom looking sad about how unfair this rule is ..... and the NCAA will grant a wavier so as not to look mean-spirited.

IMALOYAL1

All-American
Oct 28, 2000
Birmingham AL
It shows how extremely talented and deep we are at the RB position. Everything I read about our backs just reinforces that fact. It's just amazing how much talent Alabama has accumulated at the skill positions on offense. QB, RB, WR and I also think we have a solid TE group.
There was a time before Saban we'd hated to see him go. Good luck to Emmons.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.