Don't forget about BJ Emmons (Ok, You Can Now - He's Transferring)
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    BamaNation All-American IMALOYAL1's Avatar

Don't forget about BJ Emmons (Ok, You Can Now - He's Transferring)

The No. 2 running back and No. 35 overall prospect in last year's recruiting class, according to the 247 Sports Composite Rankings.

Some at Alabama believe Emmons was the most explosive running back on the team last season before suffering a Lisfranc fracture in his foot
    Recovery has been quicker than originally expected.
    He feels faster than ever. That's notable considering a then-232-pound Emmons ran the 40-yard dash in 4.43 seconds at the Under Armour All-America Combine when he was in high school. The 6-foot sophomore running back is up to a muscular 237 pounds, and is only eight percent body fat

Emmons was able to at least take part in spring ball on a limited basis and bench-pressed 425 pounds during Alabama's spring testing in March. That was tied for the most on the team among non-linemen.

Taken from LINK
    Last edited by IMALOYAL1; July 15th, 2017 at 10:49 AM.

2. Advertisement

Re: Don't forget about BJ Emmons

RBs and WRs are like the golden State Warriors - talent everywhere, but only one ball

BamaNation All-American AlexanderFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PitMaster View Post
    RBs and WRs are like the golden State Warriors - talent everywhere, but only one ball
    Creates a time and place that you're at your freshest and should capitalize on every touch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "It's not luck, it's random bursts of talent." - Gage Robinson

Quote Originally Posted by IMALOYAL1 View Post
    The No. 2 running back and No. 35 overall prospect in last year's recruiting class, according to the 247 Sports Composite Rankings.

Some at Alabama believe Emmons was the most explosive running back on the team last season before suffering a Lisfranc fracture in his foot
    He feels faster than ever. That's notable considering a then-232-pound Emmons ran the 40-yard dash in 4.43 seconds at the Under Armour All-America Combine when he was in high school. The 6-foot sophomore running back is up to a muscular 237 pounds, and is only eight percent body fat

Emmons was able to at least take part in spring ball on a limited basis and bench-pressed 425 pounds during Alabama's spring testing in March. That was tied for the most on the team among non-linemen.

Taken from LINK
    Very, very happy to hear this...
    "I have never understood why it is 'greed' to want to keep the money you have earned but not greed to want to take the money someone else has earned.

- Thomas Sowell

BamaNation All-SEC alwayshavebeen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IMALOYAL1 View Post

Taken from LINK
    Very true. If he is healthy he will contribute IMO.

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideMan09's Avatar

Can y'all imagine the feeling of helplessness opposing D's will feel, when they see our fresh RB's coming in the 4th quarter late in the game, knowing they have to stop our RB's running the ball & running it down their throat as the suck wind..

The question is.... Who's gonna be part of 3 deep rotation? We have Harris, Scarbough, Jacobs, Emmons, Harris and Robinson. My thinking is that we'll see the same rotation from last year... But we'll see jacobs/Emmons and Harris playing in blowout games.
    We are champions. We can prove it! *counting 15 championships*

BamaNation Hall of Fame

I think Harris is going to be #1a Bo #1b. I think everyone else is going to be rotated.

BamaNation All-American IMALOYAL1's Avatar

Seems like Jacobs get a lot of love from some of the coaches and players also. One thing for sure, we have quality depth at the position. More experience too.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by JustNeedMe81 View Post
    The question is.... Who's gonna be part of 3 deep rotation? We have Harris, Scarbough, Jacobs, Emmons, Harris and Robinson. My thinking is that we'll see the same rotation from last year... But we'll see jacobs/Emmons and Harris playing in blowout games.
    I wonder if we`ll see sets in which we have more than one RB on the field at once ? I don`t know if the Patriots ever do that or not (?). Just too much talent not to try to find a couple of novel ways to use it, IMHO.

BamaNation All-American Snuffy Smith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tideflyer View Post
    I wonder if we`ll see sets in which we have more than one RB on the field at once ? I don`t know if the Patriots ever do that or not (?). Just too much talent not to try to find a couple of novel ways to use it, IMHO.
    Kiffin did with Drake and Henry, although Drake would generally end up in jet sweep or wheel route on those plays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think Emmons would be a great back, I just don't know how much he will see the field though

BamaNation All-American

I'm rooting for him. After surgery, I was afraid he was done. And I will never ever again be guilty of thinking "we have too many running backs".
    Roll Tide