Don't forget about BJ Emmons (Ok, You Can Now - He's Transferring)

IMALOYAL1

All-American
Oct 28, 2000
Birmingham AL
The No. 2 running back and No. 35 overall prospect in last year's recruiting class, according to the 247 Sports Composite Rankings.

Some at Alabama believe Emmons was the most explosive running back on the team last season before suffering a Lisfranc fracture in his foot
Recovery has been quicker than originally expected.:)
He feels faster than ever. That's notable considering a then-232-pound Emmons ran the 40-yard dash in 4.43 seconds at the Under Armour All-America Combine when he was in high school. The 6-foot sophomore running back is up to a muscular 237 pounds, and is only eight percent body fat

Emmons was able to at least take part in spring ball on a limited basis and bench-pressed 425 pounds during Alabama's spring testing in March. That was tied for the most on the team among non-linemen.

Taken from LINK

Last edited:

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015
Re: Don't forget about BJ Emmons

RBs and WRs are like the golden State Warriors - talent everywhere, but only one ball

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada

The No. 2 running back and No. 35 overall prospect in last year's recruiting class, according to the 247 Sports Composite Rankings.

Some at Alabama believe Emmons was the most explosive running back on the team last season before suffering a Lisfranc fracture in his foot
He feels faster than ever. That's notable considering a then-232-pound Emmons ran the 40-yard dash in 4.43 seconds at the Under Armour All-America Combine when he was in high school. The 6-foot sophomore running back is up to a muscular 237 pounds, and is only eight percent body fat

Emmons was able to at least take part in spring ball on a limited basis and bench-pressed 425 pounds during Alabama's spring testing in March. That was tied for the most on the team among non-linemen.

Taken from LINK
Very, very happy to hear this...

alwayshavebeen

All-SEC
Sep 22, 2013
North Carolina

Taken from LINK
Very true. If he is healthy he will contribute IMO.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

Can y'all imagine the feeling of helplessness opposing D's will feel, when they see our fresh RB's coming in the 4th quarter late in the game, knowing they have to stop our RB's running the ball & running it down their throat as the suck wind..

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

The question is.... Who's gonna be part of 3 deep rotation? We have Harris, Scarbough, Jacobs, Emmons, Harris and Robinson. My thinking is that we'll see the same rotation from last year... But we'll see jacobs/Emmons and Harris playing in blowout games.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

I think Harris is going to be #1a Bo #1b. I think everyone else is going to be rotated.

IMALOYAL1

All-American
Oct 28, 2000
Birmingham AL

Seems like Jacobs get a lot of love from some of the coaches and players also. One thing for sure, we have quality depth at the position. More experience too.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

The question is.... Who's gonna be part of 3 deep rotation? We have Harris, Scarbough, Jacobs, Emmons, Harris and Robinson. My thinking is that we'll see the same rotation from last year... But we'll see jacobs/Emmons and Harris playing in blowout games.
I wonder if we`ll see sets in which we have more than one RB on the field at once ? I don`t know if the Patriots ever do that or not (?). Just too much talent not to try to find a couple of novel ways to use it, IMHO.

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL

I wonder if we`ll see sets in which we have more than one RB on the field at once ? I don`t know if the Patriots ever do that or not (?). Just too much talent not to try to find a couple of novel ways to use it, IMHO.
Kiffin did with Drake and Henry, although Drake would generally end up in jet sweep or wheel route on those plays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa

I'm rooting for him. After surgery, I was afraid he was done. And I will never ever again be guilty of thinking "we have too many running backs".

JaxTider

Suspended
Jan 10, 2017

If we could get somewhat proficient with it, a suprise wishbone formation can be a devastating thing. Remember Ga State?

I think we could come up with three backs to run it, and Jalen might not be a bad wishbone QB.

Elwood Crimson

1st Team
Jul 27, 2004

If we could get somewhat proficient with it, a suprise wishbone formation can be a devastating thing. Remember Ga State?

I think we could come up with three backs to run it, and Jalen might not be a bad wishbone QB.

Now you are talking. Mixing in some Veer/wishbone concepts with our QBs and RBs would be devastating. Player depth to run full time may be tough even for Bama, but situational would be awesome!

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

Now you are talking. Mixing in some Veer/wishbone concepts with our QBs and RBs would be devastating. Player depth to run full time may be tough even for Bama, but situational would be awesome!
Whether we would ever have this in the playbook is one thing, but you`d have a hard time convincing me that we don`t have the horses to run it.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

We've used veer concepts for a few years now. We really used them last year.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.