Seattle councilman says powerwashing sidewalks is a micro-aggression

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
So, the homeless are peeing and pooping on the sidewalks around the court house and this jackhole says that bringing out water hoses will bring back images of cops using water hoses on civil rights activists.

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...anitary-outside-county-courthouse-in-seattle/

Some committee members expressed concern about addressing the symptoms of the area’s problems without getting to the cause. Councilmember Larry Gossett said he didn’t like the idea of power-washing the sidewalks because it brought back images of the use of hoses against civil-rights activists.

chanson78

All-American
Nov 1, 2005
Huntsville, AL
I say they should offer to let him show the city how to clean up the sidewalks in a humane way. Once he has cleaned, oh I don't know, a block, let's see what he has to say about it.

this is what happens when people who are too disconnected from the real world, are given free time to think up problems that don't exist.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Our immediate past mayor was offended by the smell of a large homeless camp underneath the interstate where it passes through town. She also resorted to the fire hose solution. (No homeless present, but all their possessions were swept away.) Her political career really never recovered. Ironically, ALADOT decided a couple of years ago they would not allow it and evicted them all and fenced the area. They are now scattered around town in smaller encampments...

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
and fenced the area.
Maybe GDOT needs to hire the ALDOT fence guy. That way our homeless people don't sneak into the fenced off areas and burn our interstates down.

The homeless issue really does make me sad. It has been proven in studies that it is cheaper to provide them housing vs the current way of "treating the problem." Atlanta has a horrible problem.

Last edited:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Maybe GDOT needs to hire the ALDOT gene guy. That way our homeless people don't sneak into the fenced off areas and burn our interstates down.

The homeless issue really does make me sad. It has been proven in studies that it is cheaper to provide them housing vs the current way of "treating the problem." Atlanta has a horrible problem.
I wouldn't be surprised if some haven't sneaked back in. ALDOT handled it correctly. They gave plenty of notice and were firm about it. The homeless knew they had to act or lose what possessions they had. The videos of Loretta standing out beside firemen hosing tents, etc., down into Pinhook Creek went viral, although she probably would have been beaten by Battle, anyway...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.