Poll: Do you mix your food when eating?

Do you mix your food when eating?

• Total voters

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
one other thing is putting my french fries in my sandwich, burger, or hot dog.

somebody seriously owes me some money for these inventions

There is some (supposedly) famous sammich place, in Pittsburgh, where they put the fries and the cole slaw, in the sammich.

Yeah..............no wonder I had to get out of that place. (Not to mention the toxic belching, from the steel mills.) (Fairfield was a paradise, by contrast.)

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Never on PB&J but I always put them on bologna sandwiches.

We also did that, back in the orphanage that I was in. Not sure how it got started, but they always put out a cold cut platter, with chips, one night, every weekend. I suspect we may have done it to annoy "the man". We did a lot of that!

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
It depends on what I'm eating. Like I'll eat mashed potatoes and peas together or peas and corn, but my food cannot be touching. I even use a sectioned plate. Found it at Target years ago, and it is the perfect adult sized plate. I went to Cracker Barrel and they put pinto beans on the same plate as my fries. The horror. I requested new fries. :) Now I won't throw my food out if items are touching, but I don't want all my food mingling together, unless it's like spaghetti and garlic bread because I dunk that in the sauce, so that doesn't bother me.
But I will eat a little bit of everything until I'm done.

ORGANIZERIf you are someone who makes it a point to separate the different foods on your plate, so they don't touch, order is an important part of your life.
Those who organize their plates are typically very organized and neat in their daily lives. While they are great at keeping their houses and desks tidy, they have trouble letting others share the responsibilities because they like things done a certain way.
Organizers may have issues with flexibility and should make and effort to loosen up.

Yep, that describes me to a t.

Last edited:

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
It depends on what I'm eating. Like I'll eat mashed potatoes and peas together or peas and corn, but my food cannot be touching. I even use a sectioned plate. Found it at Target years ago, and it is the perfect adult sized plate. I went to Cracker Barrel and they put pinto beans on the same plate as my fries. The horror. I requested new fries. :) Now I won't throw my food out if items are touching, but I don't want all my food mingling together, unless it's like spaghetti and garlic bread because I dunk that in the sauce, so that doesn't bother me.
But I will eat a little bit of everything until I'm done.

Yep, that describes me to a t.
So, your food can touch but just not without permission?

Bubbaloo

1st Team
Dec 8, 2015
All food is either a seasoning or condiment to some other food for me. I won't stir all of mine into each other but will take strategic amounts of different items in a bite to enhance the flavor of each. HGT (home grown tomatoes) are ALMOST a universal donor that goes well with any non sweet item.

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
I feel like people who mix their food are the same ones that hang their toilet paper under vs over.

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
I keep my food separated.

My meal always works out, somehow, that I have one bite left of everything on my plate.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
As a Cajun -- eating Rice/Gravy sort of requires you put the corn and (sometimes beans) right on top....

Gumbo with Potato Salad is yummy....

So, most of the time I eat separate bites of everything -- but I'm not opposed to it all being somewhat mixed together.

My wife would almost prefer to have a compartment plate -- like little kids have. Nothing should ever touch as far as she's concerned.

She eats Meat first, Veggies second, Salad last --- always has, always will.

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
I don't stir all my food together but, I will gather more then one item on my fork on almost every bite. Ribeye and green beans (southern style, you know cooked it all the great fats of the world!) are great together. Ribeye and fries/baked potato, yumm. Turkey, dressing and mac & cheese in one bite, fantastic! I will use french fries to scoop up the remaining cheese from my mac & cheese. I'll even dip french fries in left over green bean juice. Fried, grilled or baked chicken with any potato or rice and gravy. I'll pair mac & cheese with almost anything. Country fried steak (white gravy only!) or chopped steak with green beans and/or mac & cheese all at once... heaven on a fork.

Breakfast is the one thing I will stir together. Stir it up; hash browns, grits, scrambled eggs, bacon and Conecuh sausage is for champions! Use the piece of toast to help spoon it all onto the fork. If there is any bacon or Conecuh sausage left, I'll dip it in maple syrup!

I don't know how some of you eat at Thanksgiving, they don't make a plate big enough to get everything on it without touching. If you aren't mixing that stuff up then you ain't doing Thanksgiving right.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
I don't stir all my food together but, I will gather more then one item on my fork on almost every bite. Ribeye and green beans (southern style, you know cooked it all the great fats of the world!) are great together. Ribeye and fries/baked potato, yumm. Turkey, dressing and mac & cheese in one bite, fantastic! I will use french fries to scoop up the remaining cheese from my mac & cheese. I'll even dip french fries in left over green bean juice. Fried, grilled or baked chicken with any potato or rice and gravy. I'll pair mac & cheese with almost anything. Country fried steak (white gravy only!) or chopped steak with green beans and/or mac & cheese all at once... heaven on a fork.

Breakfast is the one thing I will stir together. Stir it up; hash browns, grits, scrambled eggs, bacon and Conecuh sausage is for champions! Use the piece of toast to help spoon it all onto the fork. If there is any bacon or Conecuh sausage left, I'll dip it in maple syrup!

I don't know how some of you eat at Thanksgiving, they don't make a plate big enough to get everything on it without touching. If you aren't mixing that stuff up then you ain't doing Thanksgiving right.
That reminds me. Mashed potatoes and sauerkraut are good mixed together.

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
It depends on what I'm eating.

If I'm eating mashed potatoes, I will usually get some potatoes on a bite with whatever I'm eating. Meat with gravy and mashed potatoes is good. Or peas in mashed potatoes. Or corn in mashed potatoes.

If it's collard or turnip greens, I'd prefer not to get the juice from that into anything else but a piece of bread or a roll.

I'm one of those people that likes a little syrup on bacon and sausage, but not every bite of it. I will have some bites that are all meatsalty, and some bites that have sweet.

I used to eat one item at a time, but I don't really do that anymore, unless one item is particularly messy, or forces me to hold my plate a certain way. For example, I will probably eat all the baked beans off a barbecue plate because they're the greatest risk to spill.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.