George Romero dead at 77

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
http://www.breitbart.com/big-hollywood/2017/07/16/george-romero-father-zombie-film-dead-77/

I was living in "the 'Burgh", when the original "Living Dead" movie was made and released. A local icon, William "Chilly Billy" Cardille was in it. (He passed away, a year or two ago.) A lot of the locations were known to most kids that I knew.

The second one was filmed at the mall, near where Mom lived. (At one time, it was "the place" to hang out. Especially the skating rink, which I understand was closed years ago. I never did, but then I was class nerd. Besides, I was too busy trying to figure how to take over the world.)

Anyway, getting old stinks, and this rubs it in even more.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
2017 making me hate it even more. His last few zombie outings weren't the greatest in the world but were still entertaining (Land of the Dead, Diary of the Dead). In high school the original Dawn of the Dead got constant rewatches. We also enjoyed some of his other work like Monkey Shines (even though that one didn't age very well).

I'll be glad when we can get back to the years when there's only a few of our favorite celebrities/personalities moving on at a time.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.