FSU Fan breaks down Jalen with a short youtube video

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
It pains me to think about what might have happened if we had bothered to call the same plays against Clemson that we called against MSU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMALOYAL1

All-American
Oct 28, 2000
Birmingham AL
I thought Jalen's weakness last year was hitting the intermediate receiver in stride on a crossing pattern. He's got the deep ball and pocket awareness. Good wheels. If he continues to improve he's really gonna be a tremendous asset to our offense. A great play-maker at QB on our offense will make it a deadly weapon. We may need to run off tackle just to slow our scoring down. I hate we lost ArDarius Stewart but someone will step into his role.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
It pains me to think about what might have happened if we had bothered to call the same plays against Clemson that we called against MSU.
Who knows - but Clemson was one of the best defenses Bama played all year while MSU was one of the worst.

Good / bad defenses have a way of affecting how we view the play of the offense...

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Agreed but playcalling wasn't even close to the same. There was stuff we didn't even bother to try.
Yeah, there seemed to be a noticeable difference in routes in the video. Earlier in the season saw more deep routes. Would have been nice to have those the last three to four games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dtgreg

All-American
Jul 24, 2000
Tuscaloosa
www.electricmonkeywrench.com
I think our (ultimately losing) strategy was to not let Jalen lose the game and rely on our awesome D. And just like the LSU game in 2011, we paid for our conservatism. I think overall it was the right strategy. The smart call. But, you can't be that bad on 3rd down. It came back to bite us. CNS is usually better at sensing momentum swings. Hard to be brave on O when you have such an incredible D. We were Tessio that night. Too smart for our own good.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I think our (ultimately losing) strategy was to not let Jalen lose the game and rely on our awesome D. And just like the LSU game in 2011, we paid for our conservatism. I think overall it was the right strategy. The smart call. But, you can't be that bad on 3rd down. It came back to bite us. CNS is usually better at sensing momentum swings. Hard to be brave on O when you have such an incredible D. We were Tessio that night. Too smart for our own good.
I remember right after the game thinking that we were a couple of first downs away from winning.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I've got a funny little feeling anyone using last year's tape to prepare for the Alabama offense (not just Jalen Hurts) is wasting their time. Regarding the guy in the video. He didn't "breakdown" much of anything. But he seemed like a nice guy. So I'll give him that.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I've got a funny little feeling anyone using last year's tape to prepare for the Alabama offense (not just Jalen Hurts) is wasting their time. Regarding the guy in the video. He didn't "breakdown" much of anything. But he seemed like a nice guy. So I'll give him that.
I agree on the passing game but Coach Saban and our players have said a lot of the offense we have run for the last 10 years will remain. The playcalling will be different but many of the same plays we have seen before.

bodiddle

All-SEC
May 14, 2006
I agree on the passing game but Coach Saban and our players have said a lot of the offense we have run for the last 10 years will remain. The playcalling will be different but many of the same plays we have seen before.
The plays may be the same, but if the tendencies are different and the play calling for certain situations change (for example what Bama calls most on 3rd and 7 at their own 20 yard line could change) then to some extent wouldn't it be almost like a new offense? I don't know. I am just asking.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.