Bentley Claims to be Best AL Gov EVAH

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
clicky

Bentley tells WVTM-TV in an interview that he was "by far" the best governor ever of Alabama.

The 74-year-old Bentley pleaded guilty to misdemeanor campaign finance charges following a sex-tinged scandal with a female adviser.

Bentley says he accomplished more in seven years than the state's five previous governors. That would include Gov. Jim Folsom Jr., who is widely credited with launching the state's automotive industry by helping lure Mercedes-Benz to Alabama.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
It'd prolly best not to toot your own horn (even if you have grounds for said tooting).
Marcus Porcius Cato said, "I would much rather have men ask why I have no statue, than why I have one."

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
It'd prolly best not to toot your own horn (even if you have grounds for said tooting).
Marcus Porcius Cato said, "I would much rather have men ask why I have no statue, than why I have one."
well, to be fair to the guvnuh, he doesn't have lil' miss becky to toot his horn any more

GreatMarch

All-SEC
Dec 10, 2010
Birmingham, AL
All of the special (blue ribbon) committees that Bentley had set up (and some of which came from Riley) have been shut down by the new governor. She seems to be cleaning house in Montgomery and throwing people to the street and is truly making a name for herself.

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
Governor Ivey has prohibited lobbyists from sitting on state boards. They can finish their term but if they re register as a lobbyist they have to give up their board seat immediately. She says lobbyist by definition can not be impartial.

Sounds good to me.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
from where i am sitting, it was pretty freaking hilarious :D
If it wasn't for the collateral damage, it would be.
Mrs. Bentley has suffered a bit and she did nothing wrong that I could tell.
Miss Becky's husband is probably also suffering a bit, too.

The governor is disgraced and deserves to be.
The voters of Alabama are embarrassed and probably should be.
If it ended there it would be justice.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

i grew up with her, she was one of the good kids we were told we should be more like. it's sort of southern gothic.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I kept pointing out during the campaign last year (and in 2008) that when you have to assert your experience it's because you don't really have any.

It's the same way with Bentley - if you're good, people already know it. You don't have to say it, they know.

It's like the time Art Rooney corrected his secretary for answering the phone "World Champion Pittsburgh Steelers." He told her that if you're champion you don't have to tell people - they know.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I kept pointing out during the campaign last year (and in 2008) that when you have to assert your experience it's because you don't really have any.

It's the same way with Bentley - if you're good, people already know it. You don't have to say it, they know.

It's like the time Art Rooney corrected his secretary for answering the phone "World Champion Pittsburgh Steelers." He told her that if you're champion you don't have to tell people - they know.
i guess bama should remove the walk of champions at bds and the bryant museum then ;)

AV8N

1st Team
Sep 18, 2013

I feel bad for Mrs. Bentley and the family. All those years of marriage down the drain.

Mr. Becky seems willingly cuckolded in order to gain wealth and influence. I'd call him a pimp but I don't think he had that kind of control in the relationship.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.