Five Guys Who Are NOT Head Coaches now. But Soon Could Be

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
I think Les is going somewhere up north or somewhere in Texas. He won't touch Ole Miss unless he is desperate. Ole Miss will either settle with a guy on the staff, hire someone safe, or double down on a controversial candidate to stay relevant. I say the first two are the most likely.
It didn't seem like people were beating down Les Miles's door this year, and getting paid 10-12 million dollars to coach three or four years would seem to be a privilege instead of a "desperate" situation.

TUSKaloosa

3rd Team
Aug 18, 2002
Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Any team would seemingly need to be desperate to hire Les. He survived at LSU off of CNS recruits and the tailwind it created. He was on a progressively downward spiral year after year there.

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Any team would seemingly need to be desperate to hire Les. He survived at LSU off of CNS recruits and the tailwind it created. He was on a progressively downward spiral year after year there.
Saban left LSU after the '04 season (I think). 2011 was far enough removed from that to be all Les Miles. I would count that as a pretty successful season. If it were not for the Miracle in Ames he would have had his 2nd national championship.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I absolutely agree, and Ole Miss will be beyond desperate. I realize most on here think Miles made his reputation with Saban's players and there is some truth to that, but someone had to coach them. He is a good recruiter, experienced HC in the SEC West and as far as I know is a man of good character. Ole Miss could certainly do a hell of lot worse.

Last edited:

TUSKaloosa

3rd Team
Aug 18, 2002
Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Saban left LSU after the '04 season (I think). 2011 was far enough removed from that to be all Les Miles. I would count that as a pretty successful season. If it were not for the Miracle in Ames he would have had his 2nd national championship.
And that was still in the tailwind I mentioned, created by the success that CNS created there. Les Miles is not even close to a so so football coach, just was able to fool some PTB into thinking he was. How difficult is it to fool people at LSU anyway?

Isaiah 63:1

All-American
Dec 8, 2005
Probably at 35k or in an airport somewhere
What A Burger is better than both.
Things only native Texans believe:
East Texas is hilly
The "Texas way" to drive is friendly
Whataburger is better than (insert burger chain / Michelin 1 Star restaurant / foreign country / non-Texas football team / highly-desired-but-rarely-if-ever-obtained sexual act here)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.