Practice Opened to the Public August 2 (6-7 pm)

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Link

Alabama men's basketball head coach Avery Johnson announced that his team will host an open practice for the public from 6-7 p.m. CT on Wednesday, Aug. 2, at Coleman Coliseum. The 2017-18 Crimson Tide squad will be making final preparations for its eight-day, three-game trip to Canada, which will begin on Friday, Aug. 4.

Fans will be allowed to enter through the main entrance to Coleman Coliseum and can sit anywhere throughout the building to watch the team practice. Coach Johnson will be mic'd up during the hour-long session and will also hold and question and answer session following practice.

Further details and promotions surrounding the event will be announced at a later time.

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015
Open Practice Tonight

Any one going? Open Practice, then a Q and A session with CAJ

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Re: Open Practice Tonight

Would be there if not at the beach. From what I've seen on twitter, the team looks pretty good.

Full court 5-on-5 game turned into a Petty v. Sexton game for a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Re: Open Practice Tonight

2,500 for an August practice. That's amazing.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Merged the two threads together, so no one has to duplicate posts in both threads.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
I went to the scrimmage and I was impressed with most of what I saw. We are light years ahead of where we were the last 2 years. I didn't see anyone I thought would not contribute other than the walk-on kid. It turned into a Sexton/Petty show about midway thru the practice. Both of them are as advertised-2 of the best in the country. We'll be an up and down the court team if the practice is any indication. I thought almost everyone looked like they had worked on the skills part of their game and most looked better. It is no secret we struggled to score last year, and I don't think that will be an issue for the most part this year.
I was disappointed in the foul shooting and the lack of defense in practice. Defense looks like it takes longer to develop than offense since you have to learn your teammates tendencies and communicate. Coach Johnson yelled at them you can't text or message on the court that you have to talk.

I'll do a full roster analysis when I have seen them a little more. I've already bought my season tickets. Get'em while you can still buy tickets. It may be a hard ticket in November.

Buckle Up Bama! It is going to a fun ride.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Thanks RTR and Rama Jama ... this experience is is getting more and more exciting! Hopefully I can make the September one

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.