Doubting Alabama?

RobK

All-SEC
Aug 27, 2004
Holts Summit, MO
knodell.blog-city.com
If you want accurate predictions, look to Las Vegas oddsmakers. They have a financial interest in getting it right and are usually pretty close in most seasons. If you want entertainment, tune into the talking heads on ESPN and elsewhere. They are catering to the masses (the fans of all the others teams) and there is never any accountability later on in terms of whether they were right or wrong.

FitToBeTide

All-American
Aug 19, 2001
St. Florian
I've chosen to look at all the diss-ing, dire predictions of losing to so-and-so, etc., as actually not a bad thing. On the surface it irks us fans that some one would take those kind of shots at us, when we've been champions or near champions for the last 10 years or so. If every team we played was truly looking forward to playing us, then we're mediocre or worse. Instead we're bullies. Teams base their season on whether they beat us or not. No one likes the bully. Everybody wants him to get what's coming to him. Hoping, hoping..... That's what I hear now when the talking heads give "5 reasons Bama will lose to (pick it)". They're just whistling past the graveyard. It's a great feeling that everyone hates us again. And this is a good thing. I'm enjoying the atmosphere up here while I can. RTR

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
Non Bama fans are just plain tired of Roll Tide. False News get ratings.

1. A great many talking heads know less about football that average fans. 2. A great many talking heads are going to get on the USF or Houston bandwagon and how they ought to be in the CFP. You can't explain these two things rationally.

Yes, I am serious about #1. I have been in several "pick 'ems" with talking heads and MOST of them fair poorly -- unless they are picking against each other. They know how to play the game and cover the game but not so much ABOUT the game.

Last edited:

LSUgrad2BamaDad

All-SEC
May 5, 2016
Destrehan, LA
I think any "dynasty is dead" doubting Alabama stuff is made up by fans. I see the exact opposite everywhere I look.
Exactly! I certainly didn't read the comments from all the SEC coaches from media days, but the ones I did all acknowledge that Alabama is the bar.

Coach Orgeron: "Obviously there are a lot of teams on our schedule that are really good teams. We can’t just point to them, but they’re the benchmark. The way to beat Alabama is to recruit like Alabama. But last year we weren’t that far off."

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.