Small Swiss town invaded by Muslim migrants

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
The thing is, once they've left Syria for Turkey, Lebanon, etc, they are no longer refugees. They are immigrants. There is absolutely no reason for a "refugee" from Syria to be fleeing into Switzerland Germany, France, the UK, etc.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
The thing is, once they've left Syria for Turkey, Lebanon, etc, they are no longer refugees. They are immigrants. There is absolutely no reason for a "refugee" from Syria to be fleeing into Switzerland Germany, France, the UK, etc.
The UN High Commission for Refugees defines "refugees" as "persons fleeing armed conflict or persecution."
"Migrants," according to the UNHCR, "choose to move not because of a direct threat of persecution or death, but mainly to improve their lives by finding work, or in some cases for education, family reunion, or other reasons."

The Organization of African Unity defines the term in these terms:
[E]very person who, owing to a well-founded fear of being persecuted for reasons of race, religion, nationality, membership of a particular social group or political opinion, is outside the country of his nationality and is unable or, owing to such fear, is unwilling to avail himself of the protection of that country, or who, not having a nationality and being outside the country of his former habitual residence as a result of such events, is unable or, owing to such fear, is unwilling to return to it.
Key points are "fleeing war or persecution" and "outside their own country."

Most of the folks from Eritrea or Nigeria are migrants. Most of the people from Syria and some from Afghanistan and Libya are probably refugees.

Last edited:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
The UN High Commission for Refugees defines "refugees" as "persons fleeing armed conflict or persecution."
"Migrants," according to the UNHCR, "choose to move not because of a direct threat of persecution or death, but mainly to improve their lives by finding work, or in some cases for education, family reunion, or other reasons."

The Organization of African Unity defines the term in these terms:

Key points are "fleeing war or persecution" and "outside their own country."

Most of the folks from Eritrea or Nigeria are migrants. Most of the people from Syria and some from Afghanistan and Libya are probably refugees.
Texted you today.I'm in Wytheville and going by Waynesboro tomorrow. Got some traffic advice from your better half...

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
So you're saying you're having some problems "down there" eh? ;)
Or "up" there......

According to Thespoof.com......Bill Clinton, most of the time thinks it's a mental thing.

When asked about his upcoming tour, Bill emphasized that "this little blue pill has been with me from Monica to Oprah and I don't want anyone else with succubus induced flaccidity syndrome to suffer any longer with an inability to cheat on their wives."
:)

Last edited:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
John McCain on Trump. I must say I was also taken aback by our sudden withdrawal of support from Syria's rebels. I guess total withdrawal is next...

LINK

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Agreed. The connections are what bothered me. Did you see my post that I came near to your house today?
If I'd've been tracking, I'd've gone out to the interstate and waved as you drove by.

Yes, the connections bother me as well. Assad is no daisy, but the effort to topple him has not been fun for anyone.

Last edited:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
If I'd've been tracking, I'd've gone out to the interstate and waved as you drove by.

Yes, the connections bother me as well. Assad is no daisy, but the effort to topple him has not been fun for anyone.
It's still the connections. I didn't think your were home, or we'd have stopped...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.