Small Swiss town invaded by Muslim migrants

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
There is a substantial difference between "refugees" in Europe (mostly economic, vice political, refugees) and illegals in the US. Our assimilation task is much easier than Europe's (Hispanics speak a western language and have similar, but not identical, political cultures to American).
Still whenever illegals (and cultural compatriots) and their fellow travelers say that they will not respect immigration limits and publicly question their loyalty to the Constitution, that is an eloquent argument that it is time to choke down the legal immigration, until those who are already here become more assimilated.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I have family in Switzerland and they simply aren't seeing it other than as uber right wing scare propaganda. That video showed me people walking and singing. That isn't an invasion, it's far closer to a parade
Plus, the Swiss are well-armed. There are far easier countries to 'invade', if that's the desire...

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
According to UNHCR (for whom I have worked in the past), there are 113,547 "persons of concern" in Switzerland as of the end of 2016.
Germany has 1.3 million.
The US, by way of comparison, has 815,608.

According to the Swiss themselves, in 2016, they received 27,207 asylum applications.
I could not tell when the posted video was made. It is possible it depicts a 2017 influx.
or possible that it depicts an over reaction to a parade of mostly children

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
or possible that it depicts an over reaction to a parade of mostly children
The Swiss figures as of the end of 2016 indicate that of the 27,207 refugees, 33% were children.
As for an overreaction, you know how uptight the Swiss are. They are the most uptight people in Europe. Anything that "violates the order" just bugs the crap out of them. My guess is that Afghan and Eritrea will violate the order without even trying. They'll throw trash on the ground, or jaywalk, or wear stripes and plaids at the same time.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
The Swiss figures as of the end of 2016 indicate that of the 27,207 refugees, 33% were children.
As for an overreaction, you know how uptight the Swiss are. They are the most uptight people in Europe. Anything that "violates the order" just bugs the crap out of them. My guess is that Afghan and Eritrea will violate the order without even trying. They'll throw trash on the ground, or jaywalk, or wear stripes and plaids at the same time.
LOL, good point

The Swiss are super strange about foreigners too. My Nephew over there is dating a Swiss native, she and her parents were born in Switzerland, her grandparents were born in Spain. They do not Identify as Swiss as locally they are considered Spanish

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
LOL, good point

The Swiss are super strange about foreigners too. My Nephew over there is dating a Swiss native, she and her parents were born in Switzerland, her grandparents were born in Spain. They do not Identify as Swiss as locally they are considered Spanish
I almost got busted by two douanier for carrying more than a kilo of ground beef into the country.
Not heroine. Ground beef.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
LOL, good point

I've spent a fair amount of time in Switzerland and I've gotten to know some of the 2nd and 3rd generation "immigrants." They were Turkish and Spanish. They were resentful of their status and the apparent impossibility of ever becoming "Swiss." There was a fair amount of what I perceived as prejudice, unfavorable articles in the news papers, TV, etc. By that I mean that in any type of crime, even minor ones, a great deal of attention was devoted to the immigrant status. I cant even begin to imagine the Swiss letting themselves being overwhelmed...

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
Isn't every able bodied man in a certain age range in the reserves with all his or her gear (including firearms) in the home?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.