Lane Kiffin Interested in Ole Miss ??

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Lane Kiffin would be a fool to take this job but then again he took the USC job amid a sanction cloud.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Nope they are not that desperate. I have connected family at UT and they cannot stand him.
Maybe maybe not. I think the reality is starting to set in on these old timey programs like Ole Miss, Tennessee, and Nebraska that they are in desperate need for a coach that knows how to cheat and get away with it. While I seriously doubt Kiffin is hired again by Tennessee, but I can't help but to be reminded that Bobby Petrino once burned similar bridges and crossed similar lines.

Last edited:

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
Tennessee fans despise Lane Kiffin
So did most Bama fans until Saban hired him. Then, suddenly, he was a genius who could do no wrong. Now, he is back to being a scumbag again. Some people are willing to change their opinions about a guy when he starts wearing the right colors and/or logos.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
So did most Bama fans until Saban hired him. Then, suddenly, he was a genius who could do no wrong. Now, he is back to being a scumbag again. Some people are willing to change their opinions about a guy when he starts wearing the right colors and/or logos.
Yeah, that's not how it went.

People didn't like him as a HC but said he would be pretty good if he only had to worry about the offense. That turned out to be true. He just let off the field activities derail him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa

People didn't like him as a HC but said he would be pretty good if he only had to worry about the offense. That turned out to be true. He just let off the field activities derail him.

Amen to that. And it isn't going to stop.

Kiffin's being in Boca is about like putting a heroin addict to work in a pharmacy.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa

Yeah, actually most people had nothing nice at all to say about the dude except that he was a pretty solid offensive guy. Most people gave Pete Carrol the credit for the USC success when Kiffypoo was there. They said he was a horrible hire by the Raiders. Again, most people said he was a spoiled little .... who only got his breaks due to his daddy. In fact, about the only positive thing people said about him was about his ability to select an attractive wife. However, I suppose memories differ.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa

Yeah, actually most people had nothing nice at all to say about the dude except that he was a pretty solid offensive guy. Most people gave Pete Carrol the credit for the USC success when Kiffypoo was there. They said he was a horrible hire by the Raiders. Again, most people said he was a spoiled little dude who only got his breaks due to his daddy. In fact, about the only positive thing people said about him was about his ability to select an attractive wife. However, I suppose memories differ.
I guess I should add that he would be a great hire at Ole Miss. :)

Last edited:

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
The interim is an OM guy and IF he can navigate the season well I think they might give him a shot much like we did with Shula. Navigate a difficult time in the program's history and hold it together. The Rebel color radio guy was on the OD and talked about this as a real possibility.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
The interim is an OM guy and IF he can navigate the season well I think they might give him a shot much like we did with Shula. Navigate a difficult time in the program's history and hold it together. The Rebel color radio guy was on the OD and talked about this as a real possibility.

The interim coach is part of the allegations. So I highly doubt he gets the job.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
No way Ole Miss even considers Lane Kiffin. I think they hire an interim and go after a splashy hire after the season.
I'd open the bank vault for Les Miles. If he turned me down, I'd close the vault and hire a Shula type to get us through probation and then look for a real coach later.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
Yeah, actually most people had nothing nice at all to say about the dude except that he was a pretty solid offensive guy. Most people gave Pete Carrol the credit for the USC success when Kiffypoo was there. They said he was a horrible hire by the Raiders. Again, most people said he was a spoiled little .... who only got his breaks due to his daddy. In fact, about the only positive thing people said about him was about his ability to select an attractive wife. However, I suppose memories differ.
I can't speak for other people but I can speak for me. I could not stand Lane Kiffin. But when Alabama hired him what was I to do? I will not bad mouth an active coach (not talking about being critical of plays). Also on this site people would be banned (and rightly so) for dissing a coach all the time. So I bit my tongue and crossed my fingers for the best. When he took the FAU job I celebrated.

I felt the same about Sark.

Just because I did not harp and carp on Kiffin all the time DID MEAN I LOVED THE GUY just because he was wearing Crimson and White. Not badmouthing Lane Kiffin for three years is not the same as liking Lane Kiffin.

Last edited:

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
I'd open the bank vault for Les Miles. If he turned me down, I'd close the vault and hire a Shula type to get us through probation and then look for a real coach later.

If you hire les miles then you are accepting that you lose to Alabama every year.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.